[Poll] What is your favourite gaming platform?

Which is your favourite gaming platform?

• Total voters

Sarath

iDota
Games are an integral part of any guys life (and academics ;-) ) Vote for the platform(s) of gaming that you prefer and enjoy. Lets see which is the most popular platform out here.

Is it the humble PC, the jack of all trades. Is it the console, like the popular PS2, PS3, Xbox series and Nintendo Wii (Cube :oops:). Or is it just mobile gaming for you {pig slayer:)) a.k.a angry birds kinda games} (ipod, iphone, android, nokia, BB or PSP / Nintendo DS(+) or anything that fits in your pocket)

~Multiple choices can be made.

~If possible "post" the specific gaming device you are using like a mid-range PC or PS3 or an iphone etc.

:pinky::pacman::orly::mario::peach::mario-run::batman::masterchief::pig::boxing::flamewar: :zzz:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I game on Pc and as I'm a FPS freak nothing beats a KB+Mouse combo on a pc and this makes it my favorite gaming platform ;-)

gameranand

Living to Play
This poll will be pointless in my opinion because pc will win. I play role playing games which are best played on pc so its my favourite platform.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
all the 3 platforms are good...

PC: for FPS
Console: for Arcade games & sports
Mobile: for portable gaming on the go...

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
^I was quite aware of that but then no harm in seeing the trend out here. There are a few console lovers here too. Plus I am scared that mobile gaming will top the list.

Alok

Adventurer
PC IS ULTIMATE.
Best for RPG , FPS - most played genres, for me also.

+++i can emulate consoles and mobile on it;-)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
1. PC: cause i hardly play games that require controller. game prices are fraction of what avl for console.

2. Console: those who play, love it. last played on a console @ 2001.

3. Mobile: motion sensor games are hard to master, onscreen control are not good for shooting, physics heavy games usually turn the game into a slideshow presentation, 2-3hrs of gaming downs battery to 50% or less.

Piyush

Lanaya
though 95% of my games are of PC but still voted for console 'coz console gaming experience is just awesome and unique in itself

still have my gameboy advance with me and thinking of buying Nintendo 3DS

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
+++i can emulate consoles and mobile on it;-)

Hmm...this bring me to the point that was stuck in my mind many years ago and now that dormancy has been lost. I want to ask.

PC's are incredibly powerful in comparison to consoles. So why is that the emulated console games run so poorly on a PC?

Is it because of the poor coding of the Emulator or restrictions in it?
Hardware(gulp) incompetence?
Or some other reason I can't even think about?

Alok

Adventurer
Hmm...this bring me to the point that was stuck in my mind many years ago and now that dormancy has been lost. I want to ask.

PC's are incredibly powerful in comparison to consoles. So why is that the emulated console games run so poorly on a PC?

Is it because of the poor coding of the Emulator or restrictions in it?
Hardware(gulp) incompetence?
Or some other reason I can't even think about?

hardware emulation of consoles is somewhat hard coz their mission is to create an emulator that may run on lowest pc config.
So its due to poor coding.
But when we see some good emulators like PS2 emulator PCSX2 is very powerfull now , i can enjoy almost every popular ps2 game with even better graphics than the native has.

Now in case of modern console like Xbox360 , microsoft has api's , they can make a emulator easily and it'll run every game as better as any ported game does. I know they won't due to their profit but just an example to understand that console games can easily be emulated if one knows every bit about console he emulating.
So if a third party is making emulators , there'r bugs simply coz they didn't know suffice about structure . Thats why a emulator goes laggy.
If owner of console will make an emulator , that will surely lead to any third party emulator.

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
Finally voted :))

PC for Dota and Console for consuming 15 years of my life :)

Was waiting to finish NFS The RUN to come to a conclusion.

Top Bottom