Plz suggest new config.. (update on already referred config)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
dude u cud wait for 6-9 months & then upgrade...then the prices will be down too :D..& till that time u can have fun with ur high end gfx card
& amd phenom proccys r the successors of athlon ..they come as both quad cores & dual cores & give 40 % better performance than C2D

OP
xsreality

xsreality

Broken In
i was sure u wud come up with that now! but if i tell u my current config, u will force me more to upgrade! in anycase i have to upgrade.. Even the top-end grfx card will cry working with my current config.. i m sick of my pc... even my brain works faster than that!!! :D

good.. but i dont want to keep on waiting for better things to come! by the way, u seem to be an AMD fanatic! :)

ssk_the_gr8

here r a few good amd mobos all r asus
M2R32-MVP, M2N-E,
& check out this link *www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=101&l3=300

xsreality said:
i was sure u wud come up with that now! but if i tell u my current config, u will force me more to upgrade! in anycase i have to upgrade.. Even the top-end grfx card will cry working with my current config.. i m sick of my pc... even my brain works faster than that!!! :D

good.. but i dont want to keep on waiting for better things to come! by the way, u seem to be an AMD fanatic! :)
hey i am no amd fanatic:D

i was just trying to get u the best deal........now its upon u to decide...if u'll wait for a few months & buy amd & then upgrade then u will be able to enjoy ur 2 years of computing ....but if ur not patient enough :D then go for intel it will give u good performance for a year but then it'll be outdated..

so its ur choice...but ur intel config is good enough so go for it if u want to

ps- i was tryin to convince u to buy amd cuz im doin the same thing...waitin for the phenom proccys(they r also excellent overclockers) they will be out in august-september & they will be much better than C2D's...& one more thing all phenom proccy's wont be pricey..there will definetly be some proccy like the C2D e6300 & e4300

that is why i am sayin u should buy an athlon system now & upgrade to phenom later

Last edited:
OP
xsreality

xsreality

Broken In
well.. the reason i m not patient enuf is bcoz i hv got to upgrade.. and i believe this config will make me proud for atleast 18months! (now.. dnt say no!)

hmm.. it seems that phenom proccys will be cool.. but i wont b able to wait for it nor upgrade to it so soon..

by the way, dis config is good enuf na?

ssk_the_gr8

ps- i was tryin to convince u to buy amd cuz im doin the same thing...waitin for the phenom proccys(they r also excellent overclockers) they will be out in august-september & they will be much better than C2D's...& one more thing all phenom proccy's wont be pricey..there will definetly be some proccy like the C2D e6300 & e4300

that is why i am sayin u should buy an athlon system now & upgrade to phenom later
that is why i am sayin u should buy an athlon system now & upgrade to phenom later:D

looks like u r not as patient as me...so let me say the words u want to hear..ur config is good enough & u can go for it :p

OP
xsreality

xsreality

Broken In
^^thanks! but can u tel me whether the new config i hv posted would fit in 40k..?

damn! there is one more thing.. in the past 3 years i hv changed my SMPS atleast 4 times.. it always gives problems.. and stops working.. i hv UPS as well as inveter. i think my SMPS is of 350W.. plz suggest a good SMPS too! and how much watts it shud preferably be?

ssk_the_gr8

u should get 500 watt zebronics diamond smps...they r costly (2500) so u could go for vip 500 watt smps which coost around 1000 theyr good enough but not as good as diamond

& i dont think u can get all the stuff in 40k
maybe u should skip the 19" tft & go for 17" benq fp71g+..it wud be better if u increased ur budget by 5k cuz wide screen 19" tft's r much better than 17":p

have to go now ask all the questions u want to quickly ..:D

but u should find out the prices personally cuz they may have gone down since i last checked ....

Last edited:
OP
xsreality

xsreality

Broken In
ok.. i wil chk out whether Zebronics is available here..

well, i m open to inflating my budget to some extent but not by much.. yes i too desire a 19" and preferably WS if i can get it.. wil the XFX 7600 GT be gud enuf for 19" WS TFT's? Will the XFX 7600GS fit in the budget and maintain the standard of this configuration? ;)

ssk_the_gr8

nope 7600gs will not maintain the standard :D ..but it will fit in the budget

& 7600 gt is good enough for 19" WS tft

yaar u ask to many sawals come onto yahoo chat

Last edited:
OP
xsreality

xsreality

Broken In
well.. if u can list the prices of each hardware then it will be useful for me to verify it with what the vendor asks...

Who

Guess Who's Back
ok i have made a rig with price listings

Processor:- E6320 (4MB L2 cache 1.86Ghz 1066MHz FSB) Rs.7640
Motherboard:- MSI P965 Neo2 Rs.5600
HDD:- 120 GB SATAII Rs.2000
RAM:-2 x Kingston 1 GB Rs.2100 =Rs.4200
Graphics Card:- Galaxy 8600GT 256MB Rs.8500 = can be overclocked to 716/860 with ease.
TFT:- BenQ 17'' FP71E+ Rs.8700 19" price is around 12k
DVD writer:- 20 X Liteon DVD writer Rs.1800
Speakers:- Creative SBS 2.1 Rs.1100
Cabinate :-Frontech Jupitar Rs.950
UPS:- APC 500VA Rs.1995

Total :- Rs.41,985

This is the round of price you will have to pay.

with this rig you can play every lastest game on 1024 x 769 or 1280x768 with max settings, should last for 14 months or more untill you will need a another upgrade with 2 GB RAM you are basically future proof in the ram department, with 8600 GT you can play some of the DX 10 games, i myself would go with the a good headphone instead of speakers & investing the money in a good soundcard but that's your call.

Last edited:
OP
xsreality

xsreality

Broken In
smit said:
Processor:- E6320 (4MB L2 cache 1.86Ghz 1066MHz FSB) Rs.7640
Motherboard:- MSI P965 Neo2 Rs.5600
HDD:- 120 GB SATAII Rs.2000
RAM:-2 x Kingston 1 GB Rs.2100 =Rs.4200
Graphics Card:- Galaxy 8600GT 256MB Rs.8500 = can be overclocked to 716/860 with ease.
TFT:- BenQ 17'' FP71E+ Rs.8700 19" price is around 12k
DVD writer:- 20 X Liteon DVD writer Rs.1800
Speakers:- Creative SBS 2.1 Rs.1100
Cabinate :-Frontech Jupitar Rs.950
UPS:- APC 500VA Rs.1995
I like ur config but there are a few questions.. Are MSI mobos good? The ASUS P5N-E SLI is less than 7k i think? Also, 120GB is a bit less but well its ok.

Is 4200/- retail price or wholesale price of 2GB Kingston RAM.. it is 667MHz na?

Grfx card seems good to me..

The Benq FP71E+ is a good gaming monitor but I am really wanting to go for 19" WS TFT's...

I already have Speakers and UPS so I can save my money there..

smit said:
with this rig you can play every lastest game on 1024 x 769 or 1280x768 with max settings, should last for 14 months or more untill you will need a another upgrade with 2 GB RAM you are basically future proof in the ram department, with 8600 GT you can play some of the DX 10 games
14 months is very good.. By additional 2GB u mean to say total of 4GB?

It is the DX10 cards that make me not buy a high-end grfx card at present.. i wud rather upgrade that to when DX10 cards are affordable?

Will I be able to play games like NFS: Carbon on XFX 7600GS ? (Rs. 5.8k)

Last edited:

Who

Guess Who's Back
xsreality said:
I like ur config but there are a few questions.. Are MSI mobos good? The ASUS P5N-E SLI is less than 7k i think? Also, 120GB is a bit less but well its ok.

The MSI one costs lot less but you can go with ASUS if you want.

here are the prices pick one :-

Intel P965 Express Chipset -
Asus P5B-E Rs.8500
Asus P5B DLX Rs.11500
Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 Rs.8800
Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 Rs.11800
MSI P965 Neo2 Rs.5600
MSI P965 Platinum Rs.9700

xsreality said:
Is 4200/- retail price or wholesale price of 2GB Kingston RAM.. it is 667MHz na?

Don't pay him more than 4.4k for the ram & yeah it is 667 Mhz

xsreality said:
The Benq FP71E+ is a good gaming monitor but I am really wanting to go for 19" WS TFT's...
BenQ 19'' FP92W Rs.11500 OR Viewsonic 19" VG1930WM - PICK ONE

xsreality said:
14 months is very good.. By additional 2GB u mean to say total of 4GB?
nope, you won't need 4 gb ram till 2009 or later

xsreality said:
It is the DX10 cards that make me not buy a high-end grfx card at present.. i wud rather upgrade that to when DX10 cards are affordable?

8600 GT is an DX 10 card, also if we follow what microsoft says DX 10 games will give 20% more fps than the DX 9 counterpart, also 8600 GT is much better than 7600 GT for new games

xsreality said:
Will I be able to play games like NFS: Carbon on XFX 7600GS ? (Rs. 5.8k)

with very low setting at 1024 x 768, NFS:carbon needs killer rig to play it with max settings only 8800 GTX can play the game on 1600 x 1280 with max settings with only fps like 40 -50 , so my bet it go with the 8600 GT.

also you will need a good SMPS , Cooler Master 500W SMPS Rs.2900 is good one , but you can go with Zebronics Pure Platinum 500W Rs.2100, again your call.

OP
xsreality

xsreality

Broken In
i will reply to you smit... but in the meanwhile i hv got a problem.. the ASUS mobos are not available here.. the vendor says only Intel mobos are available... can plz suggest a good intel mobo.. ?

Edburg

In the zone
yeah intel mobos are no where near of 3rd party ones.especially as u tend to overclock later,dont ever go to intel mobos.

And glad u dint wait for AMD phenom because desktop phenom are set to launch only at Christmas and no one knows their real performance.So point in waiting.We saw what happened with Amd 2900 XT graphic card,after being 6 months late it never performed as well as the nvidia top end card.And if we start wating,we will be waiting forever as new and better prodducts will be always around the horizon.

ssk_the_gr8

Edburg said:
yeah intel mobos are no where near of 3rd party ones.especially as u tend to overclock later,dont ever go to intel mobos.

And glad u dint wait for AMD phenom because desktop phenom are set to launch only at Christmas and no one knows their real performance.So point in waiting.We saw what happened with Amd 2900 XT graphic card,after being 6 months late it never performed as well as the nvidia top end card.And if we start wating,we will be waiting forever as new and better prodducts will be always around the horizon.

hey hd 2900xt is a good card it is not performing becuz of driver problems ..once the new drivers r out it will perform better & for a 400$ card it performs really well

& phenom proccys will be out in september..check all the websites..& its performance is much better than C2D's u will know..if u do some research

OP
xsreality

xsreality

Broken In
i hv no experience of buying h/w on the net.. so not very sure of the safety and other things of the h/w.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom