Plz Suggest : Legend Vs Galaxy S

Champ

.NET Guru
Hi Guys,

I have finally decided to ditch my 2 year old N81 and buy a buy a Android phone.

After initial research have kind of Zeroed on two phones.

• HTC Legend (23K)
  • Samsung Galaxy S (27.5K)

Considering the price diff of 4.5 K and Galaxy's Huge specifications, anyone would be temped to go for one.

But I personally don't like design of Galaxy that much.

On the other hand Legend have far better Build quality and better UI(HTC sense), only area of concern is absence of Front camera. So wont be able to video call when finally 3G rolls out.

If I buy Galaxy, it will be only for its possible update to Gingerbread(as per my knowledge Gingerbread requires min of 1GHz/512MB).
but considering Samsung's Poor track record I am not too optimistic here either.

So guys please suggest b/w the two phones.
Also is there any news of new devices coming to India in next 1-2 months.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Samsung's track record is changing FAST! Galaxy S is also getting a lot of community attention! There will be a cyanogenmod for this phone. So you can be sure the phone will get plenty of updates! Looks is a personal judgment, apart from that, Galaxy S hands down!

sujoyp

Grand Master
Yaah +1 for Galaxy S

I think u will easily get modded firmware for Galaxy S if not from Samsung:razz:

OP
Champ

Champ

.NET Guru
Thanks Guys, your responses are highly appreciated.

@TeraByte : Legend will not get Gingerbread even unofficial bits as min requirement for 3.0 are 1GHz/512MB, please correct me If I am wrong.

Would like to Bug you all with few more queries

Why on earth most of the android phones having respectable h/w, give Front camera a miss. Nowadays even sub 10K phones have them
Can anyone give some pointers ?

@Vulpine : Would love to if I am graced by Indian Govt policies and telecom operators age old h/s.

@kalpik and other Galaxy s Users
  1. What is actual battery life I can expect
  2. which custom ROMs you guys are using

@DesiBond and other Legend users
  1. Actual battery life
  2. Is it possible to get Live wallpapers(Read somehwere that its not due to h/w ;imitations)
  3. Custom Roms ???

Last but not the Least : possible launch of any Android handset in next 1-2 months, specially Galaxy Variant (Q/Pro/2S) :smile:

Also during my initial research I prepared this excel. Would like to share it with all of you Android Phones

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
There is no comparison between Legend and Galaxy S.

GALAXY S FTW!! (If camera's low light performance is not high priority)

My Legend looks really really dumb next to Galaxy S! :)

Forget about Gingerbread, forget about everything else, just go and get Galaxy S if you have 26k-27k in hand. There is no need to do any more R&D on phones :)

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
@kalpik and other Galaxy s Users
  1. What is actual battery life I can expect
  2. which custom ROMs you guys are using
Battery Life: 2 days with moderate use. 1 day with heavy use.
Custom roms: There are a total of 3-4 custom roms on Galaxy S as of now. Right now, I am running stock rom (but an updated firmware).

You will see a lot of roms once development slows down a bit (as of now we see at least 3-4 firmware releases a week!).

Also, Cyanogenmod on the Galaxy S will be godlike! :D

OP
Champ

Champ

.NET Guru
Thanks guys for your help bought a Galaxy S yesterday.

You can read my initial Expression here
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobile-monsters/129156-galaxy-s-thread-3.html#post1271049

Top Bottom