Plz help me out..

Status
Not open for further replies.

anubhav_har

In the zone
Hey ppl.. i just upgraded a machine to WinXP from Win98 by doing a fresh installation. The problem is that now the tv tuner in it i.e. Frontech JIL0606 without FM and the CDRW/DVD Combo Samsung SW252C is not working. It is asking for drivers. This is the first time i have seen XP asking for CDROM drivers.. plz help and gimme the solutions and links to drivers as mentioned above. Plz help its urgent....

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
1. Sometimes the XP too asks for the drivers .. but thats in rare cases..
2. The CD or DVD Drivers are plug n play ... they should not give any problem .. I cant understand why thats happening

Insert the CD of the Drivers .. but as appered .. that you dont have those .. So you got to downlod them ..

I will search .. If I get .. I will post them here..

To make sure that you dont encounter any other problem in future ...

Check that your version of XP has inbuit SP2 or not
[ Right Click My Computer>>Properties ]

The version of your XP may not be updated ...

Install the Service Pack 2 & The Auto Updater ..(Also given in this month DVD)

Regards
rollcage

ishaan

Padawan
try removing the drivers (if any) of the cd rom and then re install drivers...if u cant find d drivers of ur model install some generic drivers wich are also for a combo drive n see if it works

btw, are u sure that model number is correct? cuz i googled it n not a single result came !

again for ur tv tuner, uninstall drivers. go 2 d frontech site and download the XP drivers wich may b diff

then install those n c if it works

choudang

Padawan
sometimes, CD roms are not detected in XP, i don't know why... i have seen it before.. i had reinstalled XP, and it was solved..

OP
A

anubhav_har

In the zone
Ok ill try that.. but how i do i delete the upper and lower filters from the registry??? What are those and what connections does it have with te cdrom...

sakumar79

Technomancer
Googling indicates that the TV Tuner drivers were uploaded to Rapidshare a while back by biplav but they are no longer on the server... Here is the link I had found it *www.chip-india.com/dcquery.php?qid=3502

Try to pm him at *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/privmsg.php?mode=post&u=6367 and see if he has them...

For Samsung drive, at www.driverguide.com, there is driver for SW252 and SW252S - you need to register (free) to download it... check if either works for your drive

Arun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom