Please Suggest some good 42- 47 inches 3D TV around 1 lakh.. (±20k)

OP
V2IBH2V

V2IBH2V

C0nFu$3D n0ob
I get u.. So, u say i should get LM6690
OR
HX850
OR
PFL8577..
Any of these, nah?

Now, which of these will support most formats? (Including MKV).
Which one will be more aesthetically pleasing?
Sound quality preference?
Etc.. :p
I am gonna invest a huge amount of money.. So, i want more quality for bucks i give.. Sorry if im pestering you.. :(

OR
HX850
OR
PFL8577..
Any of these, nah?

I am gonna invest a huge amount of money.. So, i want more quality for bucks i give.. Sorry if im pestering you.. :(

randomuser111

Technomancer
If you want more quality for bucks then no doubt take a look at HX850. It beats all other LED sets in every area by a huge margin and can match top end expensive plasmas like ST/GT/VT50 in terms of PQ.

You can check any review on HX850 on the Internet, they compare it with Plasmas and not other LED sets. It has contrast ratio of more than 5000:1 with deep blacks. LG/Samsung/Panasonic/Philips flagship TVs costing much more also do not match the PQ of HX850. Only Panasonic plasma like VT50 which costs 3 lac + can beat HX850.

Also Hx850 won 2 TV of the year awards so far - What HIFI Magazine TV product of the year 2012 and T3 Television of the year. A clean sweep so far by HX850.

OP
V2IBH2V

V2IBH2V

C0nFu$3D n0ob
Hello random..
Nice to see u here.. :)
Could u plz tell me what offers are for HX850 this festive season?

randomuser111

Technomancer
You will get 8 GB Sony Pen drive with Men In Blue 3 3D movie and a lucky Draw Coupon (which could win you HX850 TV 55 inch, Sony personal 3D viewer, Sony Tablet S, or Sony Xperia smartphones). Also depending on the dealer you can get 1 Bluray Title free.

Not much else unfortunately.

There is a new 3D bundle offer where by paying Rs.9990 you will get 3D Bluray player BDPS490 (worth 13k) + 2 x 3D Bluray movies (worth 3k) + 1 3D glasses (worth 3.5k) + HDMI cable (worth 1k). So you get stuff worth 20k at 10k.

Also read this review of HX850 by highly respected HomeTheaterMagazine of US. HX850 is the first TV in a long time to get 5/5 score for 2D PQ.

*www.hometheater.com/content/sony-kdl-55hx850-3d-lcd-hdtv

Last edited:

Minion

Conversation Architect
OR
HX850
OR
PFL8577..
Any of these, nah?

OR
HX850
OR
PFL8577..
Any of these, nah?

Yes,I understand your situation I understand you are spending such a huge amount and expect best bang for bucks for that reason go audition yourself both Sony HX850 and Philips PFL8577.
Though Sony has got very good reviews over internet but is very costly it even don't comes with any 3D glasses you need to Buy a pair for around 6k.
Sony HX850 too can't play MKV.
Sony also depends on active 3D glasses for 3D they have their disadvantages as I mentioned above.While Philips is 20k cheaper.
I hearty suggest you go to dealer and audition both Philips and Sony.

and get whatever you likes.

OP
V2IBH2V

V2IBH2V

C0nFu$3D n0ob
@randomuser111..
I see.. 40HX850 costs around 85k or so.. I'll get myself a PS3 with the remaining buck.. Good deal or not.. N is it really 85k??

@Minion...
Im gonna do that exactly..

randomuser111

Technomancer
@minion

Correction

1. HX850 and every Sony 3D Bravia comes with 2 pairs of 3D glasses in the box. FREE.

2. Yes HX850 can't play mkv directly but there is an easy workaround for it. Just download PS3 muxer and re mux mkv to m2ts and the TV will play it. Takes 1 min for 1 gb file.

3. Active 3D of HX850 is no way inferior to Passive sets and in fact HX850 produces the brightest 3D images of any globally sold TV.

The Philips is a good TV too but it doesn't have great blacks and overall PQ. Also Philips no longer makes TVs, all new Philips TVs are made by ODM TPV of China. Philips just uses their name on the TV now.

@V2IBH2V

It would be great if you go demo the HX850 at Croma or some outlet where they have TVs of all brands. Because only then you can see for yourself what the buzz surrounding HX850 is all about. Me telling you about HX850 or reading reviews will only give you an idea, but when you see the difference between HX850 and EVERY other LED TV in the market with your own eyes you will truly appreciate the capabilities of the TV.

Minion

Conversation Architect
About 3D glasses I didn't find any info all over internet
3D Glasses for Sony HX850

I know TPV is producing Philips Tvs now for black level and all read this
Philips 46PFL8007 review | Plasma and lcd tvs Reviews | TechRadar

OP
V2IBH2V

V2IBH2V

C0nFu$3D n0ob
About 3D glasses I didn't find any info all over internet
3D Glasses for Sony HX850

I know TPV is producing Philips Tvs now for black level and all read this
Philips 46PFL8007 review | Plasma and lcd tvs Reviews | TechRadar

@minion.. Is that a high end tv?
I cant find its price here.. Why?

randomuser111

Technomancer
@minion

Why you reading USA sites about Indian model ?

Check Sony India product page.

KDL-40HX850 : HX850 Series : BRAVIA

Supplied Accessories - 3D Glasses TDG-BR250/B x 2

And there is no black level or contrast measurements in the link you gave me. Check these links with black level and contrast measurements

Philips 55PFL8007T: Full Review
Sony Bravia KDL-40HX853: Full Review

Contrast

Philips 8007 - 2300:1
Sony HX850 - 4390:1

Black level

Philips 8007 -0.09 cd/m2
Sony HX850 - 0.05 cd/m2

Viewing angles as well are better with HX850.

Not saying the Philips model is bad, it isn't. It's better than mos TVs but HX850 is slightly better than it. And 3D performance is also better in HX850.

@ V2IBH2V

I guess you can get 40HX850 around 88k. Maybe lower depending on dealer

randomuser111

Technomancer
I think they are mostly the same TV except for the 3D technology difference and DDB. Minion should know more I believe. I didn't find any info on the Internet.

ziaul

Broken In
Hi,
I can confirm that you get a pair of 3d glasses with Sony HX850, I just purchased it last week. Glasses are very light and not as heavy as the previous generation active 3d glasses. I will say it again, if you want a better TV with good PQ, go for Sony and if you want it for 3d go for LG.

Cheers!
Ziaul

Last edited:
OP
V2IBH2V

V2IBH2V

C0nFu$3D n0ob
@ziaul.. Got ya...

@randomuser and @Minion..
I cant find any review of PFL8557 anywhere.. Also..
I believe(not sure) that they are same.. But thier names differ with region..

Minion

Conversation Architect
@minion.. Is that a high end tv?
I cant find its price here.. Why?

This is a 2013 model recently lunched in UK will be available in India in next few months.

Just one question to both of you..

What is the difference between PFL8007 & PFL8577?

Not much difference except PFL8007 uses active 3D tech while PFL8577 uses passive 3D.PFL8007 has 800 PMR while PFL8577 has 480 PMR.

Minion

Conversation Architect
When buying any AV product you have to audition yourself ask yourself these question.
1)How much you are really willing to spend.
2)Will you ever use extra features.
3)Tv should have better PQ(Best Picture Quality for your money) while in a audio product you should look for balanced sound.
4)Keep brand factor aside thoroughly audition it.
5)Never listen to shopkeeper they will try to push costly products.
6)when auditioning a TV tell shopkeeper to change picture mode to cinema,movie in all tvs.
7)Take some youtube trailers and HD videos and run it through USB.

I recently bought a Samsung 32EH4800 though i didn't find any reviews I audition it myself and it is really great value for money TV. Picture is very good and punchy.sound is very good too.

You have mention you will use it for SD views in previously this is where pixel perfect engine excels.
Sometime Reviews sites give you biased reviews.Believe your eyes and ears only.

Last edited:
OP
V2IBH2V

V2IBH2V

C0nFu$3D n0ob
Yep.. I've taken

1. Harry Potter: Deathly Hallows Part 2.. Because it has many dark scenes, which are perfect for black level testing!

2. K'naan: Waving Flag
Because of its brilliant natural colours!

3. Linkin Park: Iridescent.
For its black, gray and white colours...

4. Linkin Park: New Divide
For its absolute blacks..

5. Some low- res mp4 videos..
For upscalability..

Wanna suggest more? ;)

Top Bottom