Please suggest a smartphone around 10k (for music, videos and games)

bippukt

In the zone
Hi, I am finally looking to junk my old mobile and get a smartphone, albeit a cheap one. A lot of shops are giving discounts on mobiles right now.

I want the mobile for the following uses, with the first one being the most important:

1. Music. I prefer listening to music without using headphones, so a good speaker would be very much preferable.
2. Videos
3. Games - free or paid both are okay

Dual Sim is also preferred, although it is okay if it has 3G only for one sim.

From googling and checking out the threads here, it seems the following two would be good for me:

Nokia Lumia 520 (Rs 8600) - One thing I really like about it is the unlimited access to songs! I have heard that the speaker is good as well. But I don't know how much my choices will be reduced because of Windows Phone instead of Android.

Xolo q700 (Rs 9600) - This seems to be feature packed, although I don't know how reliable it is.

Please give your recommendation - the above 2 are just what I found, not my preference, so please recommend any model. The Rs 10k budget is not set in stone, but if I can get good music, videos and games in that range, I would prefer not to go above the limit.

dude1

Journeyman
Q800 seems to be the best bet for ur budget....but looking at ur very first need i wud suggest u go with micromax canvas music a88 bcoz,
1.Great JBL headset free.
2.Unlimited free music download.
3.Raised grille for speaker.
(The performance in gaming is just okay ie. shud run common games like temple run 2 or subway surfer smoothly)

OP
B

bippukt

In the zone
Xolo q800 seems good. But I am worried about its reliability. Is the phone likely to work properly for at least a year? If it fails after 1-1.5 years, I don't care, but before that it will be troublesome.

OP
B

bippukt

In the zone
Thanks for your help guys. I finally decided to get the Lumia 520 because I just don't want the headache in case the Xolo mobile fails. Too much stuff to do - I wish tomorrow were a holiday :(

vijju6091

Feeling Gravity
Thanks for your help guys. I finally decided to get the Lumia 520 because I just don't want the headache in case the Xolo mobile fails. Too much stuff to do - I wish tomorrow were a holiday :(

Thats way better. Even I am considering One. The Beast VFM Product Bellow 10K IMO.

OP
B

bippukt

In the zone
Let me use it for some time first :D

Until now it has been working great, except that I cannot get the Nokia Unlimited Music subscription for some reason. Have opened a support ticket, so hopefully it will be solved soon.

readermaniax

Ambassador of Buzz
You should check out this post.
Top 5 Android Quad Core posts under Rs10,000

Top Five Quadcore Android Phones Under Rs10000 / $200 | Gizolo - The Gadget Blog

dtfuser

Broken In
You should check out this post.
Top 5 Android Quad Core posts under Rs10,000

Top Five Quadcore Android Phones Under Rs10000 / $200 | Gizolo - The Gadget Blog
The big question is how reliable these Indian phones are ? Even I am looking for Android phone around 10k, but I am little scared to buy Indian phone.

readermaniax

Ambassador of Buzz
The big question is how reliable these Indian phones are ? Even I am looking for Android phone around 10k, but I am little scared to buy Indian phone.

Well, For a matter of fact, See there phones are reliable, They do offer a certain level of specifications which you will only find in the high end phones of reputed brands. They also offer a warranty from manufacturing defects. You should check out their individual sites for more.

dtfuser

Broken In
^^ If A.S.S. is bad, then warranty will remain only on paper. I am not discouraging anyone from buying Indian phone. But what I read in forums, in articles and the way they are selling high end configuration at low price, there has to be something missing. Now what could be missing. It has to be A.S.S. Then warranty will remain only paper. What if you have find some serious problem with the phone and you do not get it replaced because service is too bad. This is what my fear is. I may increase my budget little bit and buy Xperia M or Huawei Ascend P1 (LTE) and have peace of mind.

readermaniax

Ambassador of Buzz
^^ If A.S.S. is bad, then warranty will remain only on paper. I am not discouraging anyone from buying Indian phone. But what I read in forums, in articles and the way they are selling high end configuration at low price, there has to be something missing. Now what could be missing. It has to be A.S.S. Then warranty will remain only paper. What if you have find some serious problem with the phone and you do not get it replaced because service is too bad. This is what my fear is. I may increase my budget little bit and buy Xperia M or Huawei Ascend P1 (LTE) and have peace of mind.

Dear mr. Dtfuser,
Since when did Huawei start having good A.S.S in india?

dtfuser

Broken In
^^ Still two non indian companies are at number 1 and number 2 ranks in India.
Samsung beats Nokia to emerge No.1 in India: Report - The Times of India

Forget about rest of the world.

Top Bottom