Please Review HP Pavilion 15-p028TX Notebook(C i3, 830M)

rockstarmpm

Broken In
What do you guys think of this laptop HP Pavilion 15-p028TX Notebook ? Is this a bottleneck?
Core i3 4030U
GPU nvidia 830M
HDD 1TB
Ram 4GB
Price:I can get it for rs. 30k(flipkart offer for buying moto g/e)

Thanks

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
What do you guys think of this laptop HP Pavilion 15-p028TX Notebook ? Is this a bottleneck?
Core i3 4030U
GPU nvidia 830M
HDD 1TB
Ram 4GB
Price:I can get it for rs. 30k(flipkart offer for buying moto g/e)

Thanks

I think it is a laptop and not a bottleneck. :-?

OP
R

rockstarmpm

Broken In
I think it is a laptop and not a bottleneck. :-?

:/ " A bottleneck is a phenomenon where the performance or capacity of an entire system is limited by a single or limited number of components or resources."
Please reply to my question...

:lol:
For 30k its good IMO. BTW better options are there too.

Thanks for the reply. I have been thinking to buy hp 15 d103tx but its price has been increased. I was also thinking to buy either hp e026ax or e001ax but now they are out of stock.

Is this processor too weak for new games? Will I experience lag while watching full HD videos?

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
:/ " A bottleneck is a phenomenon where the performance or capacity of an entire system is limited by a single or limited number of components or resources."
Please reply to my question...

Thanks for the reply. I have been thinking to buy hp 15 d103tx but its price has been increased. I was also thinking to buy either hp e026ax or e001ax but now they are out of stock.

Is this processor too weak for new games? Will I experience lag while watching full HD videos?

A bottleneck is also device which is found above bottles. My reply was intended as a pun.

Yes, that processor is very weak for games. FHD vids will not hang.
Look at Lenovo G500s if you intend to game even a little.

OP
R

rockstarmpm

Broken In
A bottleneck is also device which is found above bottles. My reply was intended as a pun.

As I expected :D ...

I bought this laptop(white) for 31.6k from flipkart and got it on Friday. Laptop is looking very good. Tried crysis 2 and watchdogs. Crysis 2 playable at high settings. Watchdogs lags when driving (@high settings).

But the keyboard of the laptop is damaged and I requested for replacement from flipkart. The problem is that the up arrow key sometimes remain there when pressed. My question is should I replace it if possible or go to service centre?

Harsh Pranami

Padawan
Did you p028tx? Btw increasing the ram would make that watchdog driving problem go away.

OP
R

rockstarmpm

Broken In
Did you p028tx? Btw increasing the ram would make that watchdog driving problem go away.

Yes, I bought it. RAM cannot be upgraded and hard disk cannot be changed, I think. Watch p029tx review on YouTube. Are you buying this laptop??

Harsh Pranami

Padawan
No but you can certainly help me out. Please. I've finalised a lenovo laptop with a decent gpu but with 4th gen i5 'U' processor. So I was wondering if this laptop can perform. Notebookcheck shows decent results for a laptop with same configuration.
But tell me since your an owner of similar processor. Should I buy it? I'll do only casual gaming.

- - - Updated - - -

You sure about the ram? I think every laptop has two ram slots including yours.

OP
R

rockstarmpm

Broken In
No but you can certainly help me out. Please. I've finalised a lenovo laptop with a decent gpu but with 4th gen i5 'U' processor. So I was wondering if this laptop can perform. Notebookcheck shows decent results for a laptop with same configuration.
But tell me since your an owner of similar processor. Should I buy it? I'll do only casual gaming.

- - - Updated - - -

You sure about the ram? I think every laptop has two ram slots including yours.

Go for that. BTW, which model you are buying? Is it z50-70?

Ashok Verma

Journeyman
Hi friends, I'm also looking for this model to purchase. Please suggest me buying it is a good VFM.

HP Pavilion 15-p027TX Notebook (4th Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph) (J2C46PA) Rs.40830 Price in India - Buy HP Pavilion 15-p027TX Notebook (4th Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph) (J2C46PA) Silver Gray Online - HP: Flipkart.com
Configuration is as follows :
Intel i3 4th Gen.
2GB NVIDIA graphics
4 GB RAM
1 TB HDD
resolution 1366*768
Windows 8.1
MRP. Rs. 38,900/- is it worth this price.

Ashok Verma

Journeyman
Additional discount of Rs 2500 on 15-p029tx model. Plus 10% cash back on SBI Debit or credit card on flipkart

bhvm

Journeyman
Review is here-

[Honest Review] HP P028TX Laptop Review [Core i3 1.9Ghz, 4GB ram, 1TB HDD, Nvidia 830M 2GB, Beats] | NotebookReview