Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

saiyaman

Journeyman
Hello all, I have a PC running Windows XP Service pack 2 with a 80GB HDD. My Windows folder is installed on the Drive C: partition which comprises of 19.5GB.
Now the problem is when I right click my Windows folder and select properties, it shows that the size is 9.21 GB! Is this normal for a Windows XP folder because I asked my other friends and they all replied "about 4GB". I even ran a full system scan using an updated Kaspersky 2009 and it detected no viruses. Checkdisk hasn't shown any errors as well. :-(

On the other hand, the weird part happens when I go inside the Windows folder. I selected all files using CTRL+A and then checked the size, it says 4.5GB! How come outside the folder it says a different fact? Please help me! :-(

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I'm trying to answer ur question. This is my assumption.

First The windows folde contains numerous hidden system files. Unhide them and the try Ctrl+A and Prop.

Then, there comes PageFile. It would take twice ur RAM, and if Hibernation enabled then that also would take twice ur RAM. Then, if u've enabled System Restore, it would take some place (a very much amount)

mittyr

silentFOX
Try "WinDirStat"

It will show you the details of all the files in any drive. My guess is its old "windows updates" (Read as "crap") thats taking up some of that space.

Try "Tuneup Utilities". It does a good/safe job in getting rid of all crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom