please help me solve this strange problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quan chi

mortal kombat
guys few months back i instlled daemon tools and mounted a .mds file image.as you can see from the picture below.

*aycu37.webshots.com/image/20436/2003363088195320209_rs.jpg
then after some days i uninstalled daemon tools and forgot to unmount the .mds file.and to delete my virtual or whatever drive it has created(the circled one).
now i want to remove that drive.for that i tried to reinstall daemon tools but it isnt getting installed please see the screenshot below.
*aycu16.webshots.com/image/23695/2003308681420606702_rs.jpg

guys please help me is there any way to delete that drive.

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
Not sure about Vista, But I know in XP (I had simillar issues with alcohol 120) open up decvice manager and remove/uninstall the scsi & Raid controler for your vitrual drive.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
*s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/untitled-20070728002426.jpg

[this is for XP, should be similar for Vista too]

OP
quan chi

quan chi

mortal kombat
thanks for the reply.

well i have uninstalled scsi.that removed the drive.but it appeared again after i restarted my system.
well i have not uninstalled raid controller.can anyone please help me how to uninstall it.is this it which has to be removed.

*aycu30.webshots.com/image/22549/2005658050288769081_rs.jpg

Last edited:
OP
quan chi

quan chi

mortal kombat
s18000rpm said:
try installing Daemon Tools again.

well as i earlier mentioned it may not be possible until i remove that virtual image completely.
but please do mention shall i have to remove the (mentioned in the picture)
raid controller.

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
daemon tools was installed on fresh vista (not xp, then upgrade to vista?), u can try this *www.softpedia.com/get/File-managers/Virtual-Drive-Explorer.shtml but as you can see the release date is 04 and therefore not to sure if it will function with Vista ('supposedly' you can remove virtual drivs with it) browsing the web seems like a few people have your exact same issue, stupid Vista!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom