Please help! Fast

sebuelias

Broken In
I got hardly 2 days to choose between these two laps.
I was planning to get 2313ax, then i saw the samsung and it seems pretty good.

CAN any of you experts please advice and spare some timw to give me a detailed reply please.

also I'm confused which is a better proccesor and graphics card. Can you guys please guide me through.

Samsung NP370R5E-S06IN Notebook ( Intel Core i3-3120M/4 GB /750 GB HDD/ Win8/ 2 GB Graphics-AMD-8750M /15.6 Inch) - Buy Laptops Online @ Lowest Prices | Snapdeal

HP Pavilion G6-2313AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A10/ 6GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 2.5GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com

also let me know if there is anything new or something coming up soon as I can delay the buying, But I'm afraid these two will go out of stock if I delay the buy..

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
40,000 INR

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
Nope!!

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Graphics editing(basic, learning), Usual browsing(WiFi and Lan), Gaming, Programming.. Comp Sci student and loads of reading

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
Any

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)

Nothing like that.

Last edited:

$hadow

Geek in making
Dude please can you fill questionaire first, it will help us in answering you the best as we can.

$hadow

Geek in making

If you are planning to game ac series, crysis 3 and hitman you better stay away from readon graphic card. If you are not playing these games go for hp one a10 is at par with i5 on some aspects. And hp one will be there up for gaming for the next 3 years. Since crossfire does help sometimes when gaming.

Theodre

In the zone
Go for Samsung, HP, Lenovo, ASUS, Acer but not DELL, Compaq (i think they stopped production cos i dont hear from them any more :D )....

But as a computer student you should be able to work with some thing heavy sometimes like photoshop... the samsung one will struggle because of 4gb and Core i3.. I think you should go for HP... But samsung battery is goooood (i own one ) Lenovo not bad too :) But if you are a linux user (because the HP model is having DOS ), you can go HP and one more thing is HP is good for rough use with awesome Battery.. i think you should go for HP....

Last edited:
OP
S

sebuelias

Broken In
If you are planning to game ac series, crysis 3 and hitman you better stay away from readon graphic card. If you are not playing these games go for hp one a10 is at par with i5 on some aspects. And hp one will be there up for gaming for the next 3 years. Since crossfire does help sometimes when gaming.

How come you say AMD GPU is not god?

BTW, the guy below u suggests i5.. I'm confused about this mainly.. can u please clarify

Hello? Anyone?

BTW is the samsung GPU better??
Among this three ,which is best

GT630, 7670M+7660G or 8750M

also
i3-3120M or A10 4600

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
How come you say AMD GPU is not god?

BTW, the guy below u suggests i5.. I'm confused about this mainly.. can u please clarify

many users are having problem with the graphics switching where a few games keep using Intel HD3000/4000 which makes game run like crap instead of utilizing the AMD GPUs. This problem only exist in laptops powered by Intel proccy + AMD GPU. Driver update fix these problems or you can try un-official drivers (leascat). 8750M is definitely a safer investment than dualGPU. 7670M + 7660G should perform better than 8750M but only in some games so if you don't want to try these kind of trial and error stuff, 8750M all the way. Also if you want to purchase that Samsung laptop, buy it locally. There are a lot of complains about snapdeal.

You can wait for HP to update the 2313AX to AMD Richland (A10-5750M) + AMD 8-series GPU but you'll have to wait another 2 month at the least. so better get one of those you selected.

OP
S

sebuelias

Broken In
many users are having problem with the graphics switching where a few games keep using Intel HD3000/4000 which makes game run like crap instead of utilizing the AMD GPUs. This problem only exist in laptops powered by Intel proccy + AMD GPU. Driver update fix these problems or you can try un-official drivers (leascat). 8750M is definitely a safer investment than dualGPU. 7670M + 7660G should perform better than 8750M but only in some games so if you don't want to try these kind of trial and error stuff, 8750M all the way. Also if you want to purchase that Samsung laptop, buy it locally. There are a lot of complains about snapdeal.

You can wait for HP to update the 2313AX to AMD Richland (A10-5750M) + AMD 8-series GPU but you'll have to wait another 2 month at the least. so better get one of those you selected.

Will the richland ones be more expensive or not? just a guess

and i am willing to wait till july and will it be worth the wait?

as for these two, samsung or hp? cause im really split with both.

and btw the richland hp might only be released next year with 2313 being this years exclusive and then again , is it better than this i3?
sorry for confusing, i myself am confused

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Will the richland ones be more expensive or not? just a guess

it'll be priced same but looking at the manufacturers, HP is only hope. Also performance will be like 10% better than 2313AX (A10 4600M) so mayn't be worth the wait.

and i am willing to wait till july and will it be worth the wait?

by the time richland processors appear, Intel haswell benchmark will start to show up online and then you'll have to wait again. thats why i said, don't wait. decide between the two.

as for these two, samsung or hp? cause im really split with both.

if you can find the samsung laptop for lower or same price as HP, only then it is worth it. i did a quick check but can't seem to find any online shop selling it. maybe it is not officially launched here (which can conflict with warranty).

and btw the richland hp might only be released next year with 2313 being this years exclusive and then again , is it better than this i3?
sorry for confusing, i myself am confused

for daily use you won't find any difference between A10 or i3 as i have used laptop powered by A4, A6, A8, i3 as well as i5 and performance was snappy regardless of processor. if you run compression or encoding stuff then i3 will outperform A10.

OP
S

sebuelias

Broken In
@SAM sorry with delay..
I've been looking all over, i cannot even find a review of the said SAMSUNG..
I am leaning towards samsung now.
And i believe you are correct with the proccy.. A10 vs i3120, i3 will win?
the what about the turbo clock and we can clock a10, what about i3 then??

it'll be priced same but looking at the manufacturers, HP is only hope. Also performance will be like 10% better than 2313AX (A10 4600M) so mayn't be worth the wait.

by the time richland processors appear, Intel haswell benchmark will start to show up online and then you'll have to wait again. thats why i said, don't wait. decide between the two.

if you can find the samsung laptop for lower or same price as HP, only then it is worth it. i did a quick check but can't seem to find any online shop selling it. maybe it is not officially launched here (which can conflict with warranty).

for daily use you won't find any difference between A10 or i3 as i have used laptop powered by A4, A6, A8, i3 as well as i5 and performance was snappy regardless of processor. if you run compression or encoding stuff then i3 will outperform A10.

so from what u said, waiting won't be worth it??
Then another query, I will be doing programming and also multi tasking, will there be a huge difference?? as i heard a10 is better with multi threads and i think coming programs will be more of that..
another one, what about the gpu? is there hope in croosfire?? and without crossfire, only dedicated, how do they compare??
finally, display, how is anti reflective??
also, i dont think i will ever use 6gb ram as i am only starting to learn programming and stuff, it will be enough?
and RAM and HDD are changable right?? will there be space for a SSD? (not important)

I have to cancel my 2313ax order if I am choosing the other one
Also, how much better will the other be? Looks good and weighs light i like those two..
the question is,
Is samsung worth it?? and is it better than 2313ax??

Please guys help fast.. I cannot find any review even to look.
Not even a good description for a10 boost

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
And i believe you are correct with the proccy.. A10 vs i3120, i3 will win?

for day to day use, both will be equal and same for games.

the what about the turbo clock and we can clock a10, what about i3 then??

i3 doesn't have turbo. its clockspeed is fixed whereas all AMD A-series processors has turbo. so in case of A10, 2 cores will turn off and the other 2 will reach 3.2Ghz.

so from what u said, waiting won't be worth it??

30-50k most laptops ship with either AMD 7670M or Nvidia GT630M. So laptop manufacturers most likely will upgrade the old GPU with new ones while retaining same price point. But with the upcoming launch of Windows 8 Blue, they may hold off the upgrade process which will cause even more delay. So you may have to wait much longer. This is what i feel will happen and i have no concrete info to support this claim.

Then another query, I will be doing programming and also multi tasking, will there be a huge difference?? as i heard a10 is better with multi threads and i think coming programs will be more of that..

in multitasking A10 will be better but i3 is not much far behind on this.

another one, what about the gpu? is there hope in croosfire?? and without crossfire, only dedicated, how do they compare??

games that support DX11 can use CF. asymmetric crossfire doesn't support DX9/10 so there will be still a bunch of new/old games where you can't use crossfire. and performance will usually be ~30% more with crossfire.

finally, display, how is anti reflective??

compare any mobile with a LCD/LED monitor. you'll have a good idea but remember, anti reflective display of laptops are less brighter than your usual monitors where you can ramp up brightness to extreme level and play around with contrast.

also, i dont think i will ever use 6gb ram as i am only starting to learn programming and stuff, it will be enough?

6GB means 4+2GB. you can later swap the 2GB with a 4GB or sell it off. but having 2 memory sticks (dual channel) helps a lot in case you are using the on-die GPU (7660G) as it offers 2X performance if dual channel ram is used which in turn helps boost the performance in dualGPU setup.

and RAM and HDD are changable right?? will there be space for a SSD? (not important)

yes they can be changed. If you want to add a SSD, you can swap the DVD drive with a SSD.

OP
S

sebuelias

Broken In
for day to day use, both will be equal and same for games.

i3 doesn't have turbo. its clockspeed is fixed whereas all AMD A-series processors has turbo. so in case of A10, 2 cores will turn off and the other 2 will reach 3.2Ghz.

Are you saying here A10 is good? that's what i asked.. In real world performance I mean, not benchmark, as a AMD user I think u can guide me here.

30-50k most laptops ship with either AMD 7670M or Nvidia GT630M. So laptop manufacturers most likely will upgrade the old GPU with new ones while retaining same price point. But with the upcoming launch of Windows 8 Blue, they may hold off the upgrade process which will cause even more delay. So you may have to wait much longer. This is what i feel will happen and i have no concrete info to support this claim.

OK.. Whta u said is probably correct and It will be costly if they do.. So I will buy now..
But which is better out the three GPU i asked?

in multitasking A10 will be better but i3 is not much far behind on this.

Are u sure there wont be much difference between i3 and A!0?

games that support DX11 can use CF. asymmetric crossfire doesn't support DX9/10 so there will be still a bunch of new/old games where you can't use crossfire. and performance will usually be ~30% more with crossfire.

Nowadays all games suppoert DX11, right?? (Crysis3,DmC..) so i think crossfire will work then, how does 7660G+7670M stand upto 8750M??
And will 8750M+i3 be able to handle games well??

compare any mobile with a LCD/LED monitor. you'll have a good idea but remember, anti reflective display of laptops are less brighter than your usual monitors where you can ramp up brightness to extreme level and play around with contrast.

oki!!

6GB means 4+2GB. you can later swap the 2GB with a 4GB or sell it off. but having 2 memory sticks (dual channel) helps a lot in case you are using the on-die GPU (7660G) as it offers 2X performance if dual channel ram is used which in turn helps boost the performance in dualGPU setup.

SO u r saying if Im getting 2313AX the 6GB would be good and it will help improve performance?? As i only 4GB in samsung adn it has i3, so comparing whch will do welll?

yes they can be changed. If you want to add a SSD, you can swap the DVD drive with a SSD.

Finally samsung doesnt have DVD drive i think, so??

And Finally,

Please dont go around topic even if my questions seem bad or not to point..
Everything Im asking is comparing the two Laps..

It would be lovely if I could decide soon as the flipkart shipped my 2313ax..
I am in half mind to cancel it and go for samsang, please help!

Last edited:

powerstarprince

In the zone
I'm not sure how the samsung build quality is... or may be it's similar to the g6. At first i had a tendency towards samsung.. but now i would say g6 would be a better unless u wanna travel a lot with the laptop. I think intel proccy+nvidia laptops could be preferred over intel+amd ones, due to conflicting driver support. Right now only the advanced and new cards are being supported but personally i feel nvidia card is good with an intel. I own the g4 and would say the build quality is not bad at all. Even if it's made of plasticky material.. looks well-built and sturdy, doesn't get too hot & feels comfortable at palms.

i3 without turbo boost is fine, having it while gaming just causes more heat. crossfire in g6 laptop increases performance levels to almost that of 8750m, only works in certain games and will support more of the future games to come. Specs wise both perform the same at highest lvl but the 8750m clearly outperforms 7670m in games that don't support crossfire. But intel+amd has bad driver support atleast for me.

If u carry the laptop around samsung would be better choice or else u can get the hp.

GPU rank list
8750M- 93
Other - 146

CPU Rank list
i3 - 86
A10 - not on list but it's better than i3, a bit worse than i5

I would personally prefer Samsung one because of pre installed Win8 and better GPU, but I have a doubt if CPU will be a bottleneck

powerstarprince

In the zone
GPU rank list
8750M- 93
Other - 146

CPU Rank list
i3 - 86
A10 - not on list but it's better than i3, a bit worse than i5

I would personally prefer Samsung one because of pre installed Win8 and better GPU, but I have a doubt if CPU will be a bottleneck

A10 is positioned at 136 in rank list. The CPU won't be a bottleneck for that card. The i5 is better than the i3 for an increase of just 3-8 fps in most games only when turbo boost is enabled, and most of games run well even when turbo is off, or else cpu temps would rise so much. Specs wise samsung is better, but only drawbacks are that there is a chance official drivers from amd may not work due to intel+amd setup, but it might also be wrong bcoz 8750m is a new architecture card and has full hardware support for enduro. New drivers released from amd only work on cards that have enduro enabled. The other drawback is that ultrathin laptops suffer from an efficient cooling system to control high temps.

OP
S

sebuelias

Broken In
Seeing your answers I'm between both worlds!!
Also, I read about Richland, heard it will be out by june, if so will it cost same as trinity counter parts?
also that trinity will drop price next month, if so how much will 2313ax be cheap?

powerstarprince

In the zone
Richland might cost a little more than 40k when it comes with a discrete 8000m series gpu. It still depends on which one it is, could either be 8730m or 8750m.. and better ones will cost a lot more such as the high-end gpu 8850m. If at all trinity drops price next month for the a10 that would be 2k less.. only.

Top Bottom