Planning to drop a year.

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
@thread starter: Don't drop dude...not at all coz 97 out of 100 cases perform worse in the subsequent years...
@swiftshashi : did you get mesra in spot round??? and that too Bio Tech!!!
and by the way i got 19k rank in aieee this year...so, what are my chances???.... i mean my state rank is 970... so i can get NIT Patna and i can also get R.V. college of engg in bangalore through comedk.. so, where should i go...

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
^^^^according to ccb last year mesra closed on around 23k in home state quota.....
and nims are u also in mesra... if yes then which stream???

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
@thread starter: Don't drop dude...not at all coz 97 out of 100 cases perform worse in the subsequent years...
@swiftshashi : did you get mesra in spot round??? and that too Bio Tech!!!
and by the way i got 19k rank in aieee this year...so, what are my chances???.... i mean my state rank is 970... so i can get NIT Patna and i can also get R.V. college of engg in bangalore through comedk.. so, where should i go...

Dude, any NIT is LOT LOT better than any private college. Don't even think about any other, just take NIT patna. If you can compromise your branch a bit you can get some better NITs. My friend got NIT trichy/warrangal @ 17k rank in 2009, branch production/metallurgy.

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
ok so i think many of you have gone through ccb councelling....
i wish to ask how much accurate is the indicative seat allotement....done by ccb...and how frequently they update it????

Dude, any NIT is LOT LOT better than any private college. Don't even think about any other, just take NIT patna. If you can compromise your branch a bit you can get some better NITs. My friend got NIT trichy/warrangal @ 17k rank in 2009, branch production/metallurgy.

last year trichy metallurgy closed on 14k:cry:and production in trichy closed on 12k:evil:
so what i feel that i could get metallurgy in 4th round in durgapur (18.9k) and that too is not assured and i could get electrical in patna(indicative seat allotement by ccb).
so, i feel i should take electrical to be safe

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend

A certain ex-mod passed out of RVCE this year. Got a placement of 4.7L+ (he didn't take as he got a much, much better job himself) but that was among the "lesser placements". With companies like Google, Microsoft, Amazon, coming to their campus. Big companies? You name them. NITs may have the brand but these private college have the infrastructure and the placements. Not to mention KDE visited their campus.
Most private colleges may be crap but the ones like RVCE and PESIT are really good. The downside? Well the fees.
NIT will give placements too and obviously the brand name. In the end the branch should come into the final decision, followed by the potential placements. So should the location and the affordability of the fees. NIT is certainly NOT "LOT LOT better".

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
A certain ex-mod passed out of RVCE this year. Got a placement of 4.7L+ (he didn't take as he got a much, much better job himself) but that was among the "lesser placements". With companies like Google, Microsoft, Amazon, coming to their campus. Big companies? You name them. NITs may have the brand but these private college have the infrastructure and the placements. Not to mention KDE visited their campus.
Most private colleges may be crap but the ones like RVCE and PESIT are really good. The downside? Well the fees.
NIT will give placements too and obviously the brand name. In the end the branch should come into the final decision, followed by the potential placements. So should the location and the affordability of the fees. NIT is certainly NOT "LOT LOT better".

Well I myself give priority to branch much more than college, but it depends on the student. Many students compromise branch for college. In the end it boils down to your "passion" for your branch. Regarding RV & PESIT, I know they're good, but only in south zone. There are much better colleges if just go by "private". Fees, yes, I agree its the main reason obstacle. Plus, 4.7L package may be possible there, but certainly won't be in "lower" bracket of the lot. Most b'lore private colleges also end up in 3 pointers. I don't think more than 10% of the students would be getting 4+ placements (correct me if I'm wrong).
You will find plethora of students having nil *real* knowledge but getting huge placements just due to "brand" name. Bottomline is, if you can create a balance between branch compromise & college selection, then NIT indeed is LOT LOT better.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Well I myself give priority to branch much more than college, but it depends on the student. Many students compromise branch for college. In the end it boils down to your "passion" for your branch. Regarding RV & PESIT, I know they're good, but only in south zone. There are much better colleges if just go by "private". Fees, yes, I agree its the main reason obstacle. Plus, 4.7L package may be possible there, but certainly won't be in "lower" bracket of the lot. Most b'lore private colleges also end up in 3 pointers. I don't think more than 10% of the students would be getting 4+ placements (correct me if I'm wrong).
Placements are placements. What is "South Zone", "North Zone"? :/ As far as CS/IT is concerned, Bangalore has the best jobs anyway.
And you're wrong, it's indeed the lower spectrum there. 3.5L is industry standard itself lol. It's also due to presence of crap college which fuels the myth. It's like this top private colleges get most of their students placed in good companies and packages, while shite colleges do not get even single placements (just ask me :lol:).

You will find plethora of students having nil *real* knowledge but getting huge placements just due to "brand" name. Bottomline is, if you can create a balance between branch compromise & college selection, then NIT indeed is LOT LOT better.
That happens everywhere. And please don't forget this is NIT Patna we are talking about. NITs apart from top ones are nothing except the name "NIT".

OP
NoasArcAngel

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
well everybody has been posting advice not to drop. Please will someone tell me where i can go with this rank ? :X

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
You can have a look at one of the extension centres of BIT Mesra;Jaipur and Patna Campus are pretty good.The advantage is that you stand to get degree from Mesra even after getting a low rank.Other than that,I dont think you stand a chance for NIT's.Try for some pvt colleges with this rank.

krazylearner

poor little me
This is my story .

Got 1 30,000 in first attempt .Dropped a year .Studied at KOTA bansal classes and got 17000 .I am not saying i have achieved some thing big But really i have struggled hard to get that rank .i could have done much better but i over studied and and become mentally tired. My friend got 60000 in first attempt and he studied at KOTA with me and got 2800 in next attempt .He passed out from mnit allahabad ,got an offer of 6.5 lakh in samsung .Almost every grade 1 company visited his college .

So dropping can be fun and fruitful .It depends on you .If you want to drop then drop .But enjoy and relax at the same time.Make proper balance between your life and study and you will be real good .

GOOD NITS are really much better then private colleges .Private colleges are increasing fees like crazy .My college is charging approxly 3.25 lakh/year to new students .I know my college has good placement and many companies visited it but the competition/seat was also very good .major placements were in tcs and accenture and wipro .

pulkittyagi

Right off the assembly line
So i got 49k rank in AIEEE, i know thats bad and now what i was expecting at all totally. So i screwed up my career etc.. I am seriously thinking of dropping a year to prepare for all the competitive exams again with proper guidance and self effort. I know i wont get below 35k next yeat, but what i get above it is the real question. I also may try for IIT-JEE and BITSAT.

please suggest other tests which i should give. so i can prepare in advance and fill the forms early.

just make sure this time you opt for good coaching institute . go for cloudvidya, it is a premium institue with great faculties like Anurag Trivedi !!!