Planning to buy 660 TI !!! which one to choose ?? Asus or Zotac or MSI

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
GTX 660 Ti is overpriced in India.

HD 7950 is the way to go. Blows GTX 660 Ti away now.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Currently Sapphire HD 7970 Vapor X edition with Boost model is available at 20.6K + 4% Vat in Vedant Computer, Kolkata. Although they don't have any Online portal, they recently have started Shipping products and can take orders through Phone. Our forum member GamerAnand is buying his 130K rig from them. If you are willing to contact them, I can provide the shop Phone number. You can call them and verify.

You mean 7950 ? :p
There is going to be a stampede if thats not a typo.

I am going for MSI 660 Ti after attractive offer on Flipkart

Assassins Creed 3 Download Coupon .... Cool .... and 7950 costs around 24k .... which is 3k more and i am getting AC3 free for 3k less

At current local rates, 7950 is the best buy in its price range.
Taking a 660ti over a 7950 for one game is not exactly worth it. The 7950 will last longer anyway.

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Even i would vouch for a 7950 now after the release of 12.11 drivers. It not only offers better framerates than a 660-ti but always gives a better gameplay experience
by allowing post processing filters like MSAA and FXAA without much dip in performance. With a 660-ti you have to take those settings some notches down in
order to achieve playable framerates. Besides, the 192 bit bus of 660-ti takes a performance hit with highest AA settings.

So until nvidia launches some drivers which boosts performance just like 12.11 did, getting 7950 at the same price of a 660-ti is a no brainer.
You will benefit from the 384bit bus and 3gb vram while enabling highest AA settings.

Top Bottom