planning to buy 24" WIDE LCD FROM DELL

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
W

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
no worries, here its again ,
XFX NVIDIA GEFORCE 7800GT 256MB | AMD ATHLON X2 4200+ | SEAGATE 400GB 7200 RPM HD | MSI K8N DIAMIOND | 1024 MB RAM
and no problems with gta as smooth as CRT...

OP
W

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
no man test always brings one down i am currently satisfied by what i have maybe i willl replace the monitor if a "no-issue" revision comes along
and one more thing

1920x1200 desktop ROCKS!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
OP
W

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
thx maybe i will....
*interfacelift.com/
for HIGH res WIDEscreen wallpapers

and talking about HD when do u think one can see regional hdtv broadcasting?

Last edited:

RinceWind

Broken In
the pics look awesome, widey! i wonder if my 6800gs will be able to cope, though. I may have to scale the res down a bit for newer games.

anyway.. even though the banding is visible, i don't think its something that would bother most of us. Just wanted to confirm again.. were these pics taken with the monitor in "desktop" mode?

Also, have you checked for dead pixels? you can try this small tool -

*www.laptopshowcase.co.uk/downloads.php?id=1

... and one final thing... are you planning to keep on using your old monitor as a secondary display? i'm thinking of keeping my 17 inch crt as a secondary so that i can have web pages and chats open on it while i watch a movie or tv on the 2407.

OP
W

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
banding hurts if u know what banding means...but use the desktop mode and it is not as severe... yes i have checked for dead pixels and havent found much...
no i gave my 17' LCD to my brother.

RinceWind

Broken In
Hi, sorry about reviving an old thread but I just wanted to mention - I got my 2407 today! arrived in the morning but I haven't had enough time to check it out completely. Just set it up alongside my CRT and it looks awesome. No dead pixels out of the box and minimal banding in Desktop mode. It's an A02. A bigger review will follow in a few days once I check out all the lcd's features. Meanwhile, here's a pic of my setup:

RinceWind

Broken In
goobimama said:
What the...!!! And when do I get mine!!!!

As far as I can make out from the posts, you ordered the monitor on the 29th. I had ordered on the 22nd and got it on the 16th. So by that logic, you'll probably get it by the 23rd.

However, my Order was only created on the 1st... so if your's was made at about the same time then the monitor should be with you any day now.

Keep an eye out for my 2407WFP review by tomorrow,

goobimama

 Macboy
I don't quite remember when the cash was sent, but I ask all those who believe that prayers work, to pray for me and the safe and speedy coming of my monitor...

The screen size importance is further hightened by the fact that I don't have a TV, though the 20 inch iMac made up a bit for that....

OP
W

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
man the screen size is awesome...u WONT need an plasma tv until HDTV broadcasting starts in india with a resolution higher than 1920x1080
and that should go beyond 2015!!!!???

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
Okay small problem. Assuming that the monitor will come within the week, I don't have a graphics card. Just onboard GMA900.

My 7900GT is coming within the month (someone is sending from abroad). Now, I need DVI to drive the monitor right? How bad is the quality if i put it through the analog output of my onboard card? Not sure what to do.

I have these three options which I would need advice:

1) Wait till the graphics card comes and then only install the monitor (will take a month)
2) Drive the monitor through the onboard graphics and then when the card comes...
3) Buy a second hand 6600GT for 5.5k, get it within the week, and then sell it once I get my new card.
4) Buy a new 6200 with DVI for 3k? and then sell it off for something extremely low (how much would I get?)

Btw, widescreen, I have downloaded a "Band of Brothers episode 2 1080p" video weighing 5GB and am eagerly waiting to watch it HD style!
Thanks,
Milind

OP
W

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
i think u should run that monitor on the gma900 and prey for 7900gt's quick arrival... dont waste ur money on those local punks when the Godfather of Graphics will be pumping through DVI port...

and one more thing how much time did it took for u to download the HD material
plz mntn the speed of inet u use and DONT U RUN ANY HD MOVIES WITH THE ****ED UP GRAPHICS MEDIA ACCELERATOR!!! ITS A DISGRACE TO HD!!!

goobimama

 Macboy
Well almost a month actually. Even with a 256k connection it was chugging along at 4kBps average. And I know that the GMA900 is a disgrace to HD. I just played 4 minutes (of skipped frames playback) to hear the sound effects (DTS + AC3 soundtrack). amazing on the Z5500....

Just wanted to know, the Analog is not THAAAAT bad huh?

goobimama

 Macboy
Mumble mumble mumble mumble jumble kazoomba! ITS HERE!

The wait is over. My dad got a call from BlueDart and when he told me, I almost fainted (I even pulled off a small skit while I was at it). Half an hour later, the monitor entered out house and 5 minutes or so later, I powered the baby on.

Seriously widescreen and RinceWind, how could you'll do this to me? How could you guys enjoy this widescreen beauty while I was staring at a 17inch? Huh?

And unlike these phony guys who I've mentioned above, I WILL write a full review (not a very technical one, a more 'human' one at that).

Till then, I've got to watch the coldplay Live 2003 concert that I've got waiting

Update: Here's a pic of my idiot brother....and of course, the 24incher next to him. Btw, that control center of Logitech stands a whole 9 inches tall....Just for reference:
*img141.imageshack.us/img141/8580/dscn4720mediumss9.jpg

Milind
[analog isn't bad at all!]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom