plain dvd9 availability? && fat32 to ntfs conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

mumble

Broken In
Where can i get plain dvd9. And the price if available and loc. :D

Is there any way to overcome the 4 gb per file size in fat32 other than converting to ntfs? Can I convert a drive to ntfs from fat32 when data/files are there in the same drive or Do i have to format the drive to convert? What shall i do? How to convert to ntfs? :confused:

Last edited:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Well, ntfs is the only way to get files more than 4 GB.. u can firstly delete the partition wich is in FAT32 by goin to
CONTROL panel > administrative tools > computer management > storage (look for this menu at the left hand side of the window) > disk management

and delete the FAT32 partition, after backing up all the data on it, once the partition is DELETED, create a new (logical drive) partition by right clicking on the FREE SPACE (yellow color) and setting up a new partiton with NTFS and wait for sumtime to let the PC format the partition with NTFS and u are done.. :)
------------

Cheers n e-peace...

-=[bZk]=-

Broken In
You can easily convert FAT or FAT32 partitions to NTFS without the need to format or lose any data. Just open Command Prompt (Start->Run->cmd) and type the following command.

convert drive letter: /fs:ntfs

where drive letter must be replaced by the letter of the drive which you want to convert.

Ex. You want to convert C: from FAT32 to NTFS, type in the following command

convert C: /fs:ntfs

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

yup, agreed, i jus advised him to take a backup, coz no one wud want to take a chance with important DATA, so taking a DATA backup wud jus be the sensible thing b4 he or any of us venture into the world of formatting.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.