Piracy is Social Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
shashanktyagi1 said:
well plz mention the per capita income of us also. they even have unemployment allowance even for uneducated. we have no employment even for educated forget about uneducated.
It doesnt matter what their governments give to their unemployed people. Does that give you a right to steal software?

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
Vyasram said:
I agree with u casanova . But not with what kato said.

woohoo!!

wow!

all rite, u think that if u hav a tv as wel a a music system so v can loot ur music system cos u can yet listen those songs on ur tv..

so where's ur address??

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Whew, that was some time since I responded.

This was all good to read, but somehow I am not convinced that piracy is bad. Can anyone convince me to believe for eternity that piracy is really bad.

maharajadhiraj

In the zone
Hey guyz c'mon, piracy is quite common nowadays, be it in any field. The truth is that we all have pirated some thing or the other at some point of our lives-there is no denying this. Piracy has its bad points, I agree that the software makers etc. incur a huge loss, but we the common people are not able to afford some softwares, hence we have to pirate. So its no use saying piracy is bad, we have to take it for granted.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Install Linux and say bye bye to piracy once in for all (this suggestion is only for people who feel guilty when they do piracy, rest just enjoy! :p )

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
OK what ya-all have said is
1. piracy is bad cause Developes lose hard work money.
2. there are free alternatives for all software. get them.

I look at it this way... A person can use an alternate version of a paid software or the pirated counterpart. Both ways the developer doesnt get paid anything and the user gets his work done. So what is the point anyways. Atleast if pirated software is used then the developer has more people using his product and appriciating it. :)

see what i mean.

so piracy is actually nothing by a hype about something that is nil.

Last edited:

maharajadhiraj

In the zone
I partly agree with RollerCoaster. But guyz suppose u use a demo of a software and u like it very much. I am sure that ur first thought wud be to own it for free. Ethical people might check out the stores for that software, but people like me would surely search for the crack. Guyz, pls frankly state, haven't u ever cracked a software or pirated any thing- be it music/books/games/movies. Piracy has become a part and parcel of our lives. I feel its an acceptable crime in society.............

knight17

In the zone
Re: Throw Micrsoft Out...

nitish_mythology said:
I thnk that in a country like India, People should be taught to use Linux from the beg.
In schools Linux can be introduced from jounier classes.Common Man should not consider Linux a hard nut to crack.
More individuals shd come forward towards developing software that can run on Linux.

PIRACY---REALLY BAD..

But man from my own experience I think it is really tough.Maybe due to the enviornmet i get used to I was frustrated using it can't install video drivers,my modem driver wasn't available,no games,bad UI,everything must be done using the command prompt...Not enough help files for beginners

I am a windows XP user and love the OS very much.When i used Linux i cant even do the basic things,if a software cant help me do the stuff i need to why should i try it,and also given the fact that Windows is better in my opinion.

I am not trying to start a Windows VS Linux war here.. @ many times i myself thought that Linux is over hyped.

And i cant find a good reason to use it.
1) if one says security my answer is who cares a good av is all you need
2)extensibility ans>> I am not a coder

Once again I don't intend to start a Win Linux war here...these are my own opinion if you have anything to say post it.

nishantv2003

We Both Have a Mouse!!!
well the answer to all this is simple.
for example. if windows xp is sold at a mrp of Rs.5000, naturally people will want a alternative for it(some people buy 20k pc why do they wanna 5k os) and the pirace starts,
but if a genuine xp is sola at a mrp of let say Rs.500 or less, atleast 50%-70% people using pirated xp will buy Genuine cd.
by this way the amount of loss will be drasticly reduce and in long term this loss(selling cd at rs.500) will be their proft.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Rollercoaster said:
I look at it this way... A person can use an alternate version of a paid software or the pirated counterpart. Both ways the developer doesnt get paid anything and the user gets his work done. So what is the point anyways. Atleast if pirated software is used then the developer has more people using his product and appriciating it. :)
Why? Rather use the free software. Even the developer will be happy and you will feel that you didn't use pirated software.
The developers of free software want people to use their software as much as developers of paid software. So, ur logic is totally untrue.
Won't the developer of free software appreciate more people using his software? Is it only applicable to developers of paid softwares?
If you think so you need to come out into the real world.

TechGuru#1

In the zone
abt the ORIGINAL Question, I indded blv, Hackers/Crackers & all r Our BEST Social Servants! :lol luv'em do their things!!!

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
nishantv2003 said:
for example. if windows xp is sold at a mrp of Rs.5000, naturally people will want a alternative for it(some people buy 20k pc why do they wanna 5k os) and the pirace starts,
but if a genuine xp is sola at a mrp of let say Rs.500 or less, atleast 50%-70% people using pirated xp will buy Genuine cd.
by this way the amount of loss will be drasticly reduce and in long term this loss(selling cd at rs.500) will be their proft.

True Enough,

Now, who's gonna put this in their(the developers) heads.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
Rollercoaster said:

see what i mean.

so piracy is actually nothing by a hype about something that is nil.

tech_your_future said:
Why? Rather use the free software. Even the developer will be happy and you will feel that you didn't use pirated software.
The developers of free software want people to use their software as much as developers of paid software. So, ur logic is totally untrue.
Won't the developer of free software appreciate more people using his software? Is it only applicable to developers of paid softwares?
If you think so you need to come out into the real world.

well what i was saying is that the user has a choice. whether to use the cracked one or its free counterpart. Which ever way the user chooses he gets his work done and the developer of the paid software does not benifit financially.

Such a user is ofcourse one who cant/wont pay for the software. so anyways how does he matter. If still u want him to pay then then that is being forcefull.

Another thing i want to talk abt is the comparision of piracy to other commodities/things like 'the Taj' earlier.

Now we say that piracy is as good as stealing. but what has the person stolen? A software cannot be compared to stealing(eg Food, shoplifting) as in stealing the 'owner' actually incurs 'material' loss because of the 'thief'. But when a person pirates he does not affect the developer. becuause if he hadnt been able to pirate then he would be used something else and he has not taken away anything.

Mind you, i am talkind about software not data. as taking someones data is exactly stealing.

Last edited:

drsethi

Journeyman
Poor and needy should pirate the software.
Rich and self respecting should buy it.
Piracy helps reduction in prices by the company.
All others should find alternatives like freeware and OSS.
My message--
Be proud owner of Linux.

xenkatesh

Bewitched!
Just want to share some of my words here...
I m using lots of pirated software (not for commercial purpose).. when ever i dload a crack file from the websites.. inside the Readme file, i m used to c this line

If u like this software buy it!!

consider this.... how many of u will go for it? when u have the full version working fine... So its basically starts there.... Piracy Rules these days..

And one small example... A cost of Original DVD Movie starts around Rs:500... but how many of u will think to buy it... while u get the same pirated movie for < Rs:60 Simple.. imagine if the DVD cost is been selling for Rs:100 atlest 80% people will go for it..

If the piracy need to be stoped there must be a huge cut down on cost of the original softwares...
Lets assume that we buy only the Originals. Now what happens? A Guy who is spending Rs 2000 to get a Original game, not even in a weeks time all of his friends will have the same copy of the game either in CD/DVD or HDD.. Piracy is starting here.

And no one is intrested in wasting Rs 200 to get a original hindi movie songs cd.. while u can download them in websites in lesser than half hour @ zero cost.

Last edited:

Vyasram

The pWnster
The Incredible said:
woohoo!!

wow!

all rite, u think that if u hav a tv as wel a a music system so v can loot ur music system cos u can yet listen those songs on ur tv..

so where's ur address??

I'd wouldn't bother if u make an exact replica of my music system

knight17

In the zone
As long as i am using my PC for non-biz purposes(non money making),I dont buy an orginal soft.

Pirate for life.Yes we pirates are fighting for fun

xenkatesh

Bewitched!
knight17 said:
As long as i am using my PC for non-biz purposes(non money making),I dont buy an orginal soft.

same here...

Get all Legal stuff via illegal…. As long as u don’t use that for commercial purpose, no need to worry,enjoy your self.
Long live Piracy!!!!!

praka123

left this forum longback
nishantv2003 said:
If ppl wont look for Free Softwares mean Linux etc then I'll suggest like books published in India etc as Eastern Economy Edition,they should release softwares also in such a manner in countries like India.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
knight17 said:

Same here,

I too use uncountable pirated software, but privately.

There is no escaping piracy anywhere. MS released SP2 for legal WinXP packs. What we end up with is a pirated copy of 'WinXP with SP2'. MS released Starter Edition, but who's gonna use it. If possible, the pirates will find themselves pirating it as well.

I am not convinced anyway that piracy is bad. Actually Piracy helps more than it hurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom