phpbb2 custom fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

hash!!

________
hi... im tryin to pull up a forum... thing is that phpbb comes with its default set of registration fields, half of which are irrelevant for the forum im pulling up... i needed some easy guide to help me eliminate those fields and add some other mandatory fields, which have to be entered necessarily during the registration process... and the main setback is that im not really a code junkie... i've never really understood deep coding... more of a design person, hence the hunch...
im using phpbb 2.0.21...
thanks in advance... and i hope this isnt the wrong section... :)

OP
hash!!

hash!!

________
hey... thanks...
but i already looked at the stuff in there... but its all too complex... im really not the coding types... and i couldnt figure out a word of the installation process... cause one thing i always knew about coding is that you screw up a letter, you screw up the code...

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ hash phpbb coding is simple ...

first backup ur files and tehn modify a copy of the backup in that case u mess up then u can esaily copy the backup and then ur board will be back to normalcy

u only have to open the files to be edited and then replace; remove or copy the new set of code its that simple no need to understand it howeve it becomes tricky if u have instled a theme other than subsilver

if ur using subsilver u can try .... easymod for phpbb2 .... it will automatically edit the files ... but remmber even if urusing easymod keep a backup with u

OP
hash!!

hash!!

________
iMav said:
^^ hash phpbb coding is simple ...

first backup ur files and tehn modify a copy of the backup in that case u mess up then u can esaily copy the backup and then ur board will be back to normalcy

u only have to open the files to be edited and then replace; remove or copy the new set of code its that simple no need to understand it howeve it becomes tricky if u have instled a theme other than subsilver

if ur using subsilver u can try .... easymod for phpbb2 .... it will automatically edit the files ... but remmber even if urusing easymod keep a backup with u

hey... thanks a ton... i've read about easymod... and i think i'l give it a shot.. :)
thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom