PHP in Web 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
I've installed full Expression 2 suite andd tried the first PHPinfo program fromt he last month's fast track guide but got no output in Web 2. Do I need some more tools other than Web 2?

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Hmmm....I have never used MS Expression suite. Are you SURE that you have a webserber installed? Have you installed PHP?

If no, then download WAMP server(*www.wampserver.com/en/) package and install it. Then put your PHP file in the `www` directory and run it from your browser!

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
The thing is that, which I read in IC Chip of last month, in which it was reviewed, they've clearly mentioned and I quote"It lets you preview PHP pages in your Web browser without installing a separate development server or having to upload your website to a server."
Since I'm a complete n00b at it that's why decided to go with this all-in-one app. If the case is different then please debrief me.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
hmmm...here is how to go about it:
1. Download and install WAMP server from *www.wampserver.com/en. It shall install Apache, PHP and MySQL. Start the wamp server.
2. Once installed, lets say to D:\wamp, then there is a `www` directory at D:\wamp\www.
Place you PHP script(.php file) in this `www` directory.
3. Lets assume the name of that PHP script is `info.php`. Start your browser and type `*127.0.0.1/info.php` in the address bar. You should see a large table containing your PHP installation information.

Let me know if you need more help getting started!

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Is this Wamp server resources hog? I do have a very powerful rig but still currently low on System Disk space, so wanna know. BTW what about Web 2 is it not enough?

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Nope, wamp server is not at all a hog! It consumes a reasonable 65 MB(Private working set)!

I don't know about Web 2 or Expression. Personally, I avoid Microsoft stuff because when I needed a C++ compiler, they stuffed me with some 70 MB download when other compilers were less than 10 MB! From that incident I have come to stay away from MS products for my webdev needs.

Free and open-source packages satisfy my each and every need in web development!

Status
Not open for further replies.