Photo Projects - Practical Approach

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
lm2k: is it just me or are the focal lengths too long? did you zoom into the drops or have you used a macro mode?

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
amlan how does it matter...I think he have zoomed to the drop coz the focal length is 200+ :D

lm2k

Journeyman
lm2k: is it just me or are the focal lengths too long? did you zoom into the drops or have you used a macro mode?

using super macro mode on camreas like sx1xx is possible only at wide angle(28 to 50mm -35mm eq) and this would have added unwanted details in the background.
i used something like this or the RAYNOX 250 is best alternative.
the lens adds up smo0th bokeh and ability to use "any" telefauto lens as macro.Hope it answers your question.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Cool.... first time I've come across someone actually using a lens adapter on a point and shoot. The photos are really good

rohanz

Journeyman
A little tip for people with stock lens, flip lens and then take the macro shot. Gotta watch out for dust.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
A little tip for people with stock lens, flip lens and then take the macro shot. Gotta watch out for dust.

doesn't that require a reverse mounting adapter or something? Can you please explain this step by step or link to a good tutorial of this?

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
@amlan yes it needs a 250Rs reverse mount adapter and without an aperture ring its just useless...if u reverse the kit lens you may have to manually pull the aperture liver...all this may damage the automatic aperture control on the lens.

I have specifically bought my 50mm 1.8 AF lens for this purpose and used it 6 months for macros...it was a cheap combo...cost me just 3500

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
my very very late entry to Silhouettes .... clicked this a few days back only. BTW got my new sony NEX 6 :))

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3690/9257373172_a7d44ce84c_z.jpg
Rains, long drives and cool music by Amlan Mathur, on Flickr

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
So what is the next project out here? My suggestion is that since the monsoons have already hit we can try some outdoor project this time. Cloudscapes is the only one that I can think of, suggest some more people.

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
Topic 4 - Monsoon Photography

We will try taking shots related to rain, monsoon , cloud.
Keep your electronic equipment away from rain water.

Geners we can try - lightning, cloud HDR , flower with droplets on it , raining scene , portrait of someone dancing in rain.

enjoy rain :D

Last edited:

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Let's keep one topic, otherwise people like me will start posting the whole gamut of Monsoon pics here :)

Dancing in the rain seems like a good idea +1 from my side. Or clouds HDR (I just finished clicking those )

Enjoying the monsoon

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3732/9277573730_6dd9d675da_z.jpg
Day and Night by Amlan Mathur, on Flickr

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Just one tip that I got from a photography video, If you are trying to take pics of rain falling and want those typical streaks caused by drops then use a shutter speed of 1/160. It's like a magic number of sorts.

*www.backfills.com/raining%20rain%20falling%20at%20night.jpg

*www.joeydevilla.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/rain.jpg

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
This is soo frustrating...I am not able to post anything on topics I am starting ....Its just not raining here :(

Top Bottom