1. Budget?
Rs 5000

2. Display type and size?
Nothing specific

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
Bar

4. Preferred choice of brand?
Anything slightly reputed will be fine.

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
Absolutely NO QWERTY.

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
Anything above VGA.

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
Nothing specific

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
Wi-Fi

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
Nothing specific

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
Multimedia and Internet through Wi-Fi

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Spice Flo M-6800

12. Any other info that you want to share
In short a good Wi-Fi phone under 5K which is NOT QWERTY. Optional features can include 3G and good camera.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Samsung Corby II & Samsung Star II

but both are touchscreen & have WiFi.

don't go for Spice mobiles as most of them are nothing but rebranded (& overpriced) Chinese mobiles.

OP
darnee

darnee

Broken In
Thanks for the reply. What would be my options if I drop Wi-Fi from my requirements and add the following:-

>2 MP camera
Touchscreen
Good battery life

Also I'm bit confused about Samsung C3303

The above official page says it supports Wi-Fi but I'm not sure you'll get Wi-Fi for its price tag.

Sarath

iDota
The corby has problems connecting to the wifi routers. I dont know if this is an isolated problem or if the WPA/WEP is causing a problem. Be sure to check that.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Champ doesn't have WiFi. also the screen is just 2.4". way too small to be usable. why not raise your budget by 500 & get Star II. it is a feature phone (not smartphone) but still gives you good hardware for the price.

read this review. else for ~5.8k you get Nokia C3 but it is QWERTY.

Soumik

Padawan
The cheapest Wave is also available at around 5.5-6K i guess. Stay with Samsung. Get Wave or Star II.

OP
darnee

darnee

Broken In
The Star II and Corby II are good phones but they exceed my budget and as per what I have seen (I may be wrong here) they both don't include a data cable so that'll be additional cost.

Also both have very less internal memories and many people were complaining that the web browser is not so good and constantly runs out of memory when opening big websites as a consequence of less memory.

But anyways I'll consider them as my options.

Any other suggestions are still welcome. I'll take a call after visiting some stores nearby.

Also I want to know your opinions on Letsbuy.com.

Sarath

iDota
letsbuy is fine.

I bought a mouse from them. However I had to remind them of my order and they finally shipped it. A cell phone however will most likely be promptly delivered.

Also since all the after sales is handled by the local service centres you wont have much to do with them.

Try both Online Shopping - Buy Mobile Phones, Cameras, Laptops @ Lowest Price - Letsbuy.com and Flipkart.com: Online Shopping India: Buy Books Online: Mobiles, Camera Store