Phone Suggestions Required (30k, within a month)

z3rO

Journeyman
1. Budget?
~30k (maximum 35k)

2. Display type and size?
~5" (nothing more than 5.5")

3. Dual sim?
Not required.

4. Preferred choice of brand?
None. Anything with sturdy build quality will do. I prefer developer friendly brands, Nexus, OP, etc. (straightforward bootloader unlock, ROM availability, etc.)

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).
Android.

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
Little gaming, mostly web browsing, e-mails and video watching.

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
OnePlus 5.

10. Any other info that you want to share.
I prefer stable stock Android and fluid performance over anything else. I've been using Nexus 5 for the last 3 years and it still runs with little lags and stutters.

My second priority is camera. I need a really good camera this time.

Most probably I won't be upgrading anytime soon after I buy this one so I need something that'll last me good time.

I don't prefer Samsung for its bloated interface and useless features.

I've pretty much zeroed in on OP5, are there any other options available?

Will it be wise to buy OP5 this early? Nexus 5 was released in October 2013 and after 2-3 months they released a revised hardware version with better microphone and speaker modifications. Are these kind of hardware revisions common these days?

Thanks.

Oneplus 5 is good for the price. Also sometimes LG G6 gets as low as 38k, so I would consider that as an alternative. It's 18:9 aspect ratio makes it relatively compact when compared to Oneplus 5.
Visual Phone Size Comparison

Honor 8 Pro will also launch at about 35k but it might be a bit big for you (its bigger than Oneplus 5).

Hardware revisions aren't that common. Oneplus didn't have any in the past i guess. But Oneplus does get many software updates. Nowadays its OS is good enough though but expect updates to improve camera a bit.

OP
z3rO

z3rO

Journeyman
After thinking this through, I decided to buy OnePlus 5. Got the phone 2 hours ago. 128GB variant. I read about some screen wobble issues but wasn't aware that its a hardware fault and it can't be fixed by software updates. The moment I setup my phone and opened app drawer I saw that same screen wobble. Scrolled some more and it was easily perceivable. I'm not so picky about accurate displays and stuff but this has irritated me enough to lodge a return request on Amazon.

Potential buyers beware.

Video demonstrating the effect.

XDA Article on the same.
Confirmed: OnePlus 5's Display is Upside-Down - Likely Causes Jelly Scrolling

sujoyp

Grand Master
OP5 failed on biggest launch...screen wobble ...worst thing... I was waiting for it but sadly I am looking at something else now.

Minion

Conversation Architect
After thinking this through, I decided to buy OnePlus 5. Got the phone 2 hours ago. 128GB variant. I read about some screen wobble issues but wasn't aware that its a hardware fault and it can't be fixed by software updates. The moment I setup my phone and opened app drawer I saw that same screen wobble. Scrolled some more and it was easily perceivable. I'm not so picky about accurate displays and stuff but this has irritated me enough to lodge a return request on Amazon.

Potential buyers beware.

XDA Article on the same.

You should have got a OP3T

Potential buyers beware.

XDA Article on the same.

Why not get yourself a LG G6 now?

Top Bottom