Phone suggestion in 6k to 12k range

OP
K

kkk05

Broken In
Back to square one now. My parameters were 4.5 to 5 inch phone with HD display, decent camera with 8+ MP and 4G. A6000plus was really good. It seems my only options if I want 4G and not 5.5" screen are (redmi and yuforia) both of which I am not comfortable with.
If I compromise with 5.5" then honor 4x ( heard sound levels are very bad and phone is heavy), A7000 (doesn't seem to have the problems I faced with A6000plus and A6000+ was perfect for my requirements except for the issues I faced) and Zenphone2 (expensive and seems to be poor camera). Not considering xiaomi and Yu for 5.5" as if I buy those brands I have 5" alternatives any way.

Are there any new phones close to launch with these parameters in the near future?
I am even thinking I will buy android one or 1st gen moto E and update it next year when more chances might be available.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
alright. i read your posts in the lenovo forums. the wifi on my phone remains on most of the time. however, after the first occurrence, i kept the display on time-limit to 5 mins, but nevertheless, during the daily usage, it must've been going into sleep-mode, but haven't heard a complaint from my father yet. i will check it again tonight.

@kkk05 -- just for update-sake - tested the above thing that night, but the issue didn't occur.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
[MENTION=138043]kARTechnology[/MENTION],how is lenovo a7000 camera(indoor,low light & outdoor) & battery backup?

camera takes
-good shots at day
-good shots at night,with flash
-but low light means grainy, not too much but acceptable(u cant see grain until u zoom after taking pic)
-does auto focusing very well.

battery life u will get one day, morning to night if u root, use greenify and disable included crap, disable google auto app backup, and facebook always prevents the phone from deep sleep. greenify does a nice job here. i'm not using any ram cleaner. can transer apps to sd card. i use auto brightness

wifi connects in 2 seconds or so after turning on. speedy, didn't hang even once.

gets hot when playing clash of clans, using high brightness for long time. but dolby atmos is crap. I'm using viper4android

front cam is great, and screen is somewhat over-saturated(too much brilliance) but bright

OP
K

kkk05

Broken In
@kkk05 -- just for update-sake - tested the above thing that night, but the issue didn't occur.

Ok. May be it is a defective piece then and I am unlucky to get the problem twice. But you said you got it once when you are setting up the phone. So it might be the issue with the settings I use for this particular ROM. For e.g., I turn off auto sync off, disable security app and some other customization which you may not be doing. My gut feeling is it is the second case, The ROM is not compatible with the customization I do for the phone.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Ok. May be it is a defective piece then and I am unlucky to get the problem twice. But you said you got it once when you are setting up the phone. So it might be the issue with the settings I use for this particular ROM. For e.g., I turn off auto sync off, disable security app and some other customization which you may not be doing. My gut feeling is it is the second case, The ROM is not compatible with the customization I do for the phone.

could be. no disabling of auto-sync and security app as such; may be some minor tweaks here and there, but can't recall at the moment.
my phone had turned off when i began installing apps after unboxing it; writing 'turned off' as pressing the power-button had no effect, while keeping it pressed booted/rebooted the phone. i will check once again tonight with the said tweaks.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Well, I said It doesn't "FOCUS AT ALL" doesn't matter how much settings you try and use different camera apps , it just can't Focus and all near distant shots are blurry.

My 5.0 Moto G have no problem in focusing at all , my friend has yureka and even that has not problem like that.
So may be it's hardware fault of my Unit

its a known bug in stock android
it might be a hardware issue in your case but its a software bug within android itself

- - - Updated - - -

a7000 is much better than moto e and yureka and yuphoria. i have lenovo a7000. 1-1.3gb ram free(i rooted + used greenify)

not in terms of update system,UI etc

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
its a known bug in stock android
it might be a hardware issue in your case but its a software bug within android itself

- - - Updated - - -

not in terms of update system,UI etc

I feel the UI is close to Sony's UI. except the icons...
received 3 ota updates so far for cam and stability

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I feel the UI is close to Sony's UI. except the icons...
received 3 ota updates so far for cam and stability

wait for a few more months
I have a spare lenovo android phone and 2 tabs at home...
sadly despite the good build quality and good finish,it lacks proper software :(

OP
K

kkk05

Broken In
Is the focusing on Yuphoria that bad? Does the manual focusing (taping on the screen) work if auto focusing is not working?

OP
K

kkk05

Broken In
Got the phone. I like it so far. Excellent camera and good sound levels. Installed google now launcher as I miss app drawer. Only negative point is the lack of 2GB RAM shows. Nothing annoying but you notice it

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Got the phone. I like it so far. Excellent camera and good sound levels. Installed google now launcher as I miss app drawer. Only negative point is the lack of 2GB RAM shows. Nothing annoying but you notice it

try Trebuchet Launcher
Download "CM Apps" from Play store then open app and download whichever CM apps you want such as Trebuchet Launcher
its deadly smooth and is based off Stock KitKat

$hadow

Geek in making
google now launcher is a ram hog ,even on Nexus 5

just enable cpu,ram etc stats and compare with even Nova launcher

might be but I haven't actually used it on 1 gb or less ram device so I don't see any big visible performance difference.

Top Bottom