Phone around 15K - BB? E Series?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pickster

Professional Layabout.
Hey guys,
My mom needs a phone and she's willing to shell out around 15k.
The phone should score in areas like call quality, build, screen, etc.

Camera is not a criteria at all, but the music playback should be decent. 3.5 mm jack is an added benefit.
But the keyboard should be good.

I was basically looking at 2 handsets, viz., Nokia E71 and Blackberry 8520.
I have a few questions regarding the BB phone..
  1. Are the blackberries sold here locked to some specific network or are they unlocked?
    If they are locked, is it possible to unlock them without voiding the warranty?
  2. What are the charges like for the BB service? I know each operator will have its own scheme, but any general idea?
  3. If the BB service is not activated, is it worth buying a BB phone?
  4. Does the 8520 come with the v4 BB OS? If not, can it be updated to it?

Lastly, any other good suggestions in this range?

Thanks.

Tamoghno

Padawan
Unless you're really into email or using blackberry services , there's really no reason to get a blackberry .

Blackberry are not nessesarily locked to network , you can buy them unlockd also . but unlocked ones are hard to find and is even more expensive.

Why do your mom need blackberry ? only for looks and being different ? i'd suggest take a look at 6700 simple and elegant with great design and built.

OP
pickster

pickster

Professional Layabout.
Just to clarify, my mom is not a housewife or something.
She would need occasional access to her email, but if the BB services cost too much, then she can settle for the BB phone w/o the BB service or some other phone.

6700 seems good..
let me see if she likes it or not.
Till then, any other suggestions?

Tamoghno

Padawan
If you actually need email then scrap 6700. What about e63 ? E63 along with nokia messaging works pretty well and the phone itself is quite good . You may also consider e72 .

parimm

Broken In
if you can find it get a Nokia E71, its a couple of years of old but is one of the best nokia phones of all times

OP
pickster

pickster

Professional Layabout.
Wont E72 be way out of my budget?
email per se souldnt be a deciding factor, but it should atleast have wi-fi.

and yes, E63 vs. E71 is something she is still deciding about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom