phenom x4 910

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ It's not easy to find but you can tell us your budget and what mobo and psu you have ?? post the complete Hardware config if possible and your usage type. It will be much easier for us to recommend you a good and compatible cpu ;-)

OP
G

gravitygamer009

Broken In
athlon ll x2 245
asus m2n68am-plus
cooler master 350W psu
4gb ram
sapphire hd6850
i had made an earlier thread about mobo and cpu but now i have decided not to upgrade my mobo.
will upgrading to an athlon x4 640 be good for gaming?i mainly plan on playing BF3 in november.i dont have much problems with my dual core till now! my mobo supports only 95W TDP cpu's.

Tarun

In the zone
No guys the older 95w 955 BE is not in market now a 640 is a good cpu ask me i am using one the only thing is that u can try to go for a cpu with the part number ADx64WFK42GR bcoz they unlocks to a Six core phenom II X6 1405T Thuban

AMD Athlon II x4 640 Only x4 640 with part number ADX640WFK42GR :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Sadly, the biggest problem right now is getting a hold of such a chip as the Athlon II X5 640 "GR" is an OEM-only part, which means that it isn't available for purchase in retail.

Source: Softpedia

sukesh1090

Adam young
BE 955 is 125w.
guys is there any difference between Athlon 640 and phenom 840 because this phenom doesn't have L3 Cache.

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
840 is not a Phenom. It doesn't have a L3 as you said. Also its Propus Core like Athlon and not Deneb of the Phenoms.

Practical difference is only clock speed of 200 Mhz with rest things same.

Top Bottom