Permanent deleting software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumarn_2004

In the zone
Hi Guys,

If files, Internet History files, log files and almost all files that we are using are deleted, they can be recovered by using any recovery software. I need asoftware that should delete such files permanently, I mean, make them all unrecoverable. Which FREE AND GENUINE software you recommend out of experience?

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Try Eraser at *eraser.heidi.ie/
After deleting everything you want to delete, secure-erase the empty space.

papul1993

not a newbie.....
Hi Guys,

If files, Internet History files, log files and almost all files that we are using are deleted, they can be recovered by using any recovery software. I need asoftware that should delete such files permanently, I mean, make them all unrecoverable. Which FREE AND GENUINE software you recommend out of experience?

Use ccleaner. It deletes the internet history files securely. like in eraser.

OP
K

kumarn_2004

In the zone
Try Eraser at *eraser.heidi.ie/
After deleting everything you want to delete, secure-erase the empty space.

Hi,

I installed Eraser. I want to know onething that is “If I have already deleted some files, without using your software ,which are on C drive. Then how to delete permanently such files,I mean, make them unrecoverable,Sir?”

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

Use ccleaner. It deletes the internet history files securely. like in eraser.

Hi,

Files deleted ccleaner are easily recoverable,I think.

papul1993

not a newbie.....
Hi,

I installed Eraser. I want to know onething that is “If I have already deleted some files, without using your software ,which are on C drive. Then how to delete permanently such files,I mean, make them unrecoverable,Sir?”

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

Hi,

Files deleted ccleaner are easily recoverable,I think.

there is an option in ccleaner that enables you to delete files securely.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
See, basically each and any file deleted can be recovered until anything new is written on that/those specific data cluster(s).

Like, I had a file which occupied cluster X on my Hard disk. I deleted it. Now I can still recover it using a software like TuneUp Undelete. But if I saved/copied a new file to my hard disk, and by chance it gets written on that cluster X, only then the previous file will be rendered unrecoverable.

You can try doing a Defragment after you delete your web browsing history.

Anyways, this isn't anything to be paranoid about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom