hii , i hav a
AMD phenom x4 9950(black)
AMD 790GX - Gigbyte
ATI - 4870 - Sapphire
Corsair 750watt - SMPS
4GBram - 2x2 , transcend 800mhz
Cooler master - 590
Segate 500GB

hello , though i have a gaming configuration , im getting very low frame rates , even at 1024x768 resolution , and games like crysis are getting stuck at parts ......with my config i am suppose to get a much better frame rate .....in all games , but i am seeing poor frame rates ....and the problem is not a virus .....or outdated drivers ....as i hav re-installed my OS , several times ....and am using the latest drivers ...., and in my bios ...it says memory ganged or unganged .......i am using just 2 slots ....2x2(4gb) , should i opt for ganged or unganged ....... can someone please tell me what to do .....i would very much appreciate your help .., Thank you ..

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
also, use Fraps software to find out frame rate while playing games. This looks to me like a driver related issue.

1) Use unganged memory
2) try AMD Fusion tool (*game.amd.com/de-de/drivers_fusion.aspx?p=1)
3) Stop any torrent clients

And please let me know what OS you are running

OP
Q

quasta123

Right off the assembly line
also, use Fraps software to find out frame rate while playing games. This looks to me like a driver related issue.

1) Use unganged memory
2) try AMD Fusion tool (*game.amd.com/de-de/drivers_fusion.aspx?p=1)
3) Stop any torrent clients

And please let me know what OS you are running

hii , i am already using the fusion :) , n i will change to unganged ....and stop all torrents ...i am also getting my 22" benQ E2200HD tmr ...will let u know the results of 3dmark soon ....and i am using Windows vista SP 1

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
As you have got a large hard disk, you should set about 7GB from every drive as virtual memory as it will lessen the burden upon your RAM. Also turn off the Aero effects and see if there is any perfromance frowth. You can also use Tune Up Utilities Memory Optimizer to free up your memory.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
1. Install Vista x64-bit OS
2. Install Latest Catalyst 9.3 Drivers(Search for tweaked or Modded Catalyst 9.3 drivers for even better performance)
3. Install latest DirectX Redist. straight from Microsoft's website.
4. After installing the OS, try running the games with Vista UAC(User Access Control) disabled.

Here are a list of good softwares that can be used:-
1. Advanced System Care
2. Tune Up Utilities 2009
3. Uniblue Registry Booster

One more thing, after you install your OS, install an Anti-Virus/Internet Seciruty first, and then install the rest of the softwares into your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom