Pentium 4 Motherboard

Please suggest P4 LGA775 (DDR1 support) Socket motherboard having graphics card slot (PCI E)...

Budget: Max 3.5K

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
As per my knowledge there is no mainstream LGA775 board available with DDR1 support. LGA775 was launched to switch from DDR1 to DDR2. There were couple of intermediate motherboards based on 865 and 920 (a modified version of 915) to accept LGA775 based P4 processors, but the official availability was just couple of months. Currently there is no such product available from mainstream brands like Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, Asrock etc.
Try the local market for some Mercury or Zebronics motherboards which may satisfy your requirement. Check for 865GV5 chipset based motherboard as it has support for LGA775 based P4 and DDR1 ram

jagdish

Journeyman
increase your budget by 2000 more and buy processor,motherboard and ram my suggestions are :
processor :amd athlon x2 250-2500
motherboard:Gigabyte GA-MA78LMT-S2-2500
Ram:2gb corsair value ram-600
total: 5600

since Pentium 4 is very old processor finding motherboard is waste of money and time, this processor is much better than P4 and provide much better performance.This is worthy upgrade.

Last edited:

guru_urug

iGoogle
d6bmg, amd athlon x2 250 is 500 times better than pentium 4 LOL

He never said anything abt it not being better....only said that its EOL(end of life)
But..when I went to Lamington rd last there were a few x2 models I found. Check them out. Else look online

jagdish

Journeyman
He never said anything abt it not being better....only said that its EOL(end of life)
But..when I went to Lamington rd last there were a few x2 models I found. Check them out. Else look online

guru_urug,I said it will be much faster than pentium 4 OP has nothing to do with EOL.