Pentium 4 (2.66Ghz) processor 533Mhz

surya_sapui

In the zone
dear guys, i have a old Intel Pentium 4 Processor 2.66 GHz, 1M Cache, 533 MHz FSB.its work.but someday ago when i start pc then the processor heat but cant giving display.in same mobo i changed processor with same config then display came.i also change ram but no display.i already clean the processor both side but no work.Intel website = "*ark.intel.com/products/27443/Intel-Pentium-4-Processor-2_66-GHz-1M-Cache-533-MHz-FSB"

pls reply what should i do with the processor for back to work again.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
clean the cpu - make sure the pins are OK. Remount it properly - apply a thin layer of TiM on the cpu surface ( aluminum heat spreader ) and remount the heat sink properly.

Clean the ram slot and ram both - remount them properly ( if you have 2 ram modules use only one at a time ). Try starting your pc and post feedback

OP
S

surya_sapui

In the zone
i clean the processor both side.not working,then i changed the mobo & installed in working mobo.i changed the ram.but not working.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
^ Cleaned the processor both sides? o_O I sure hope you didn't touch the side with the pins on it. :| :|

sukesh1090

Adam young
i clean the processor both side.not working,then i changed the mobo & installed in working mobo.i changed the ram.but not working.

cleaned the processor from both sides???:shock:buddy don't touch the sides which is having pins.even never touch the golden colored pin part of RAM.gfx card anything.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ you said you installed the cpu on a working mobo - even after that it's not working - then the cpu has gone bad for sure.

OP
S

surya_sapui

In the zone
it may be topgear,but can u tell me if any process to up the processor or any processor repair company in kolkata.

can anyone also tell me where is chip level mobo repairing in kolkata.i have some mobo with no display.i want repair them.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ when a mobo/cpu gone bad nothing can be done - even if you repair a mobo most of the chances that won't last long.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
RMA is only possible if the product is under warranty but some RMA centers may repair a out of warranty product but this is a paid service and most of time the quality fi these kind of repairs ain't good enough.

@ OP - if you want you can try contacting the RMA providers of the products you have - if the product(s) is under warranty they will repair/replace it for free but if the products warranty period is ended then they will charge you for the repair work.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Answer the question I've asked earlier ( on post no. 15 ) - then we may be able to give you the appropriate address(es).