Status
Not open for further replies.

godsownman

Padawan
Hello! A Friend of mine is facing a slight problem for quite a while. I'd be grateful if you all can help in diagnosing what the problem is.

Here goes,

The problem is that every morning after he restarts the computer, it restarts on its own every 5-10 minutes, for 5 to 6 times atleast. This has been getting worse for the last 6 months. The SMPS has been changed and the engineer now says its a cooling problem.

The PC configuration is Pentium 4- 2.4gz, 512mb RAM ( 256x2) , 80gb HDD. It is 3 years and 3 months old.

Thanks for all the help.

legolas

Padawan
As an initial step towards nailing down the issue, I recommend to install this "Intel active monitor" software or any other softwares that monitor the temperature of the processor and stuffs to check if it is in fact coz of heating. If so, then, you might have to apply this coagulant paste between the heat sink and the processor, I guess. Did this very long time ago.
If not, the only issue I could think of is a "newly installed software". Go to safe mode, it shouldn't restart from there (if heating is not the issue) and then uninstall any newly installed programs and try restarting. Should fix the issue. If not, post back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom