My current specs:

Processor : Intel core i5 2320 3GHz
Motherboard : Intel DH67BL
RAM : Corsair Value ram 4GB x2
GPU : Sapphire HD7950 3GB VAPOR-X edition
Hard disk : Seagate 2TB
Cabinet : Corsair 500R
PSU : Corsair GS600

Things to upgrade: Processor, motherboard, RAM(8GB),Cooler and SSD (will add later on)

Total budget: 30k

i will buy locally (CTC Hyderabad)

My choice:
Processor : AMD FX 8350
Motherboard : ASRock 990FX Extreme4
RAM : G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB 1600 MHz
Cooler : ???

And one more thing should i wait for Next gen AMD CPU (FX 9xxxx series)

FX 8350 (12k)
Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 (10k)
Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 MHz 4 GB x2 (4k)
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO (2.2k)

total: 28.2k (get some nice 120 mm fans from the remaining cash

For SSD, Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB is very nice.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
the CPU still has much punch left and with the 7950 will be able to play all future games easily. better go for a new mobo + RAM.

Cilus

laborare est orare
No point in upgrading now. FX-8350 is good but not that good to be suggested for an upgrade over an 2nd gen i5. Instead, just get the SSD and the new Intel Z75 based motherboard, currently priced at 4.6K in Flipkart.

OP
Fenix21

Fenix21

Broken In
thanks for your suggestions...:)

No point in upgrading now. FX-8350 is good but not that good to be suggested for an upgrade over an 2nd gen i5. Instead, just get the SSD and the new Intel Z75 based motherboard, currently priced at 4.6K in Flipkart.

Yeah i know this upgrade is not important... but one of my friend is ready to pay 12k for (proc+mobo+ram)...
now i am really confused.

Cilus

laborare est orare
The current market price of your components are (10K for Processor + 4K For Motherboard + 1.6K X 2 for the Rams) = 17.2K and now if you get 12K for it, you have to spend another 7K for the Motherboard and 4.4K for a 1600 MHz 4GB X 2 Ram kit, total 11.4K extra. Now believe me, this extra money you are spending is not at all justified for the performance gain you are gonna get with FX-8350. Instead of doing that, get the Z75 Motherboard and a good CPU cooler like Hyper 212 Evo @ 2.2K. Even with the non-K i5 processors, slight overclocking is possible through Turbo Boost when plugged in a Z68/P68/Z77/Z75 Motherboard. You can increase the multiplier up to 3 steps and slightly change the BCLK for Turbo Boost Speed. As a result, when the CPU is performing a demanding work, the turbo Boost frequency will rise to the updated level.

OP
Fenix21

Fenix21

Broken In
thanks for your advice cilius...:) you are a life saver...

will buy a Mobo and cooler as u said.
BTW what is the price for Asrock z75 pro3 motherboard..? is it better..?

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
The major reason for an upgrade is performance increment. And you aint getting any by doing what you are gonna do. So whats the point?

If at all get a i5 4430 with a B85 board.

TBH you dont need to upgrade!

Cilus

laborare est orare
thanks for your advice cilius...:) you are a life saver...

will buy a Mobo and cooler as u said.
BTW what is the price for Asrock z75 pro3 motherboard..? is it better..?

There is no doubt that Asrock Z75 Pro3 is a better Motherboard than the Intel one in terms of build quality and tweaking capabilities and because of the reason it is also priced reasonably higher (Flipkart Price: 7k) than the Intel Motherboard. But the point is that it is designed for K series Processors for better tweaking capabilities at low budget. With a Non-K series processor like yours, I don't think those tweaking capabilities will be utilized here.

Top Bottom