PC Upgrade after, 7 years

arko1983

In the zone
What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:gaming, home use, multimedia etc

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:40k max

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:no

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:win7/10

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:none

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:no

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:i have monitor cabinet hdd, ssd, l only need cpu mobo and ram

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:within 1 month

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:yes

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:kolkata, will be buying from md or vedant

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:I want i7 with decent mobo and corsair ram. You can see my specs from my sig. Any help would be appreciated.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
After Ryzen 5 and 7 launch, i7s aren't worth it IMO.

CPU: AMD R5 1500x (14.3k)
Mobo: Asus PRIME-B350 Plus (8.2k)
Ram: Crucial Ballistix 8GB (4.7k) or Corsair Vengeance 2 * 8 GB (9.4k) DDR4 3000 MHz
GPU: Either reuse your GTX 580 or get a Zotac GTX 1050Ti (11.6k)

Total:
With 8 GB ram: 27.2k ( or 38.8k with 1050TI)
With 16 GB ram: 31.9k ( or 43.5k with 1050TI)
(all prices from mdcomputers)

Since you already have a ssd, I assume you are using it as your boot drive. If it was upto me, I'd pick the 8 GB ram option and add a new 120-256 GB boot SSD to it.

OP
arko1983

arko1983

In the zone
Forgot to mention i have gtx 970 amp extreme. I am skeptical about amd. I prefer intel i can go for i5 also

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^ If you want to waste your money, sure buy the i5s with 4C/4T instead of 4C/8T or even 6C/12T (talking about 1600 and 1600x here).

OP
arko1983

arko1983

In the zone
So what do you recommend. I am buying for future proof. My previous system ram issues and mobo issues have forced me to change them. Else all games used to run smoothly on my i7 920
Can amd last as long as intel. My procc is still fine. If yes then what do you recommend. I will opt for more processing power ie, 6c/12ht etc

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
R5 1600 overclocks almost the same as R5 1600x (depending on the silicon lottery) and comes with a good enough stock cooler. 1600x comes without a cooler so you'd have to buy a AM4 cooler separately.

So, either you overclock and get the former or spend a bit more on cpu cooler and get the latter.

OP
arko1983

arko1983

In the zone
I will be buying AMD R5 1600 (I wont overclock so...,also I will get the amd cooler).(I have coolermaster v6gt can it be resued?)
I have 3 hdd and 2 ssd and I may buy another hdd .1 cd drive also.
I also have yamaha yht196 which uses spidf.
any mobo with sli support and 8-10 sata connections.must be full atx within 10k?(if not can increase to max 20-22k if mobo is good.)
ram which is good for gaming .(only corsair)

how about this one
GIGABYTE MOTHERBOARD AORUS GA-AX370-GAMING 5 (AMD SOCKET AM4/RYZEN SERIES CPU/MAX 64GB DDR4-3200MHZ MEMORY)

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I will be buying AMD R5 1600 (I wont overclock so...,also I will get the amd cooler).(I have coolermaster v6gt can it be resued?)
I have 3 hdd and 2 ssd and I may buy another hdd .1 cd drive also.
I also have yamaha yht196 which uses spidf.
any mobo with sli support and 8-10 sata connections.must be full atx within 10k?(if not can increase to max 20-22k if mobo is good.)
ram which is good for gaming .(only corsair)

how about this one
GIGABYTE MOTHERBOARD AORUS GA-AX370-GAMING 5 (AMD SOCKET AM4/RYZEN SERIES CPU/MAX 64GB DDR4-3200MHZ MEMORY)

V6gt has been discontinued and I don't think they'll make AM4 brackets for a discontinued product.
Why do you want to use SLI (I don't suppose you want to play at 4k60 ultra settings)? Single GPUs are cost and power efficient and multi-gpu scaling is inconsistent in games.
Don't stress on getting parts from a particular brand unless there is a huge difference in performance.

Last edited:
OP
arko1983

arko1983

In the zone
any mobo with 8-10 sata connections.must be full atx within 10k?sata connection is must.
please suggest compatible corsair ram(8gb x2 possible 3000mhz) .ie model number

how about this one
ASUS MOTHERBOARD PRIME X370-PRO (AMD SOCKET AM4/RYZEN SERIES CPU/MAX 64GB DDR4-3200MHZ MEMORY)
it has 8 sata ports

I found another problem with rhzyen it cannot run on win 7
I use dual boot in 2 ssd as win 7 and win 10.
so can u reccomend me an i5 build with non k proccesor and the above mentioned config for my mobo

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I found another problem with rhzyen it cannot run on win 7
I use dual boot in 2 ssd as win 7 and win 10.
so can u reccomend me an i5 build with non k proccesor and the above mentioned config for my mobo

Windows 7 will work if you put in a bit of effort. How To Get Ryzen Working on Windows 7 x64

But buying i5 is waste of money. Infact you'll face issues even if you buy a Intel Kabylake system. Yet another Kaby Lake on Windows 7 thread - [Solved] - Windows 7

It's time to move over to Windows 10 anyway. What do you want Windows 7 for?

I repeat, in your budget anything other than a Ryzen 5 1600 is waste of money.

OP
arko1983

arko1983

In the zone
Oh thats great i only need rs 200 ps 2 keyboard. Thanks for the advice.
So i will buy the above mentioned asus mobo and ryzen 1600 what about a good pair of rams from corsair that is available in md computers website. Or any other brand. Does gskill have service center in kolkata?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh thats great i only need rs 200 ps 2 keyboard. Thanks for the advice.
So i will buy the above mentioned asus mobo and ryzen 1600 what about a good pair of rams from corsair that is available in md computers website. Or any other brand. Does gskill have service center in kolkata?

I think they do :
About Us

Top Bottom