PC or Mac for video editing

aashishvideo123

Right off the assembly line
Hi all

I am planning to buy a computer for HD video editing (currently upto 1080p, but may be 4k in future).

I am confused what to buy in a budget of INR 60,000

I wish to buy Macbook as i am dreaming it since my childhood but work is my priority

so pls tell me what should i go for, in my above budget
1. Macbook
2. PC Laptop
3. Desktop Mac
4. Desktop PC
5. etc....

Pls help me i am stuck with money in my hand

thanks in advance
thanks

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Assemble a R7 1700 desktop. Have separate budget for monitor with good sRGB coverage.
Fill this:
Asking for new PC help? ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS FIRST

PS: Laptop, Desktop, Mac, Crapbook all are PC.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
For your usage, you need an 8-core Ryzen. Nothing else.

Don't buy Mac - it's overpriced. Don't buy Intel - because it doesn't have the performance.

OP
A

aashishvideo123

thanks all for your reply,

any software Final Cut Pro /Adobe Premiere / etc .... which can give me fast and best results

OP
A

aashishvideo123

actually i am totally blank pls tell me which hardware and software combination will work best under inr 60000 preferably macbook

OP
A

aashishvideo123

ok no macbook but pls tell me what configuration will work for me and which will be better a desktop pc or a laptop pc

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
ok no macbook but pls tell me what configuration will work for me and which will be better a desktop pc or a laptop pc
Man seriously, fill the questionnaire. We can recommend only after we get to know the exact requirements, right? :?
A destop with 8 core ryzen cpu like the R7 1700 would be suitable for your work.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Your budget is not good enough for Octa-core processor. With this budget you can get 1500x. Maybe, maybe you can squeeze 1600, nothing more than that unless you increase your budget.

You seem like you're in a hurry to dispose the money. You may think "what's the point of filling the questionnaire" when you have given the purpose and budget for the build. Isn't that enough? You've left lot of blank space, and we will fill them based on our assumption and suggest you a build which may end up not being the best because of insufficient information your provided.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you want to buy something, take the time to fill the questionnaire.

Asking for new PC help? ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS FIRST

And, create a new thread.

We won't be recommending stuff randomly. You can buy the cheapest Macbook for like 60K that has 2 cores and low clock-speed, then wait for 2 hours for a video to render. Whereas, if you buy a decent desktop with 6+ cores, the same task can be completed in 20 minutes.

Sarvesh

Journeyman
Are you into video editing or aware of video editing (professional)?
If not then first join as assistant with some video editor.
Final cut pro is vastly used in editing (media & TV etc.) but only runs on Mac which is very expensive - some people are also using FCP on Hackintosh (Mac OS installed on Desktop PC).
There are several other software's such as Adobe premier, Vegas Pro, Lightworks, Pinnacle Studio, Corel Video Studio, Cyberlink Power Director, Movavi video editor etc. There are some open source video editing software such as Openshot & Shotcut etc.
If you want to use the system for live mixing / with camera then you should also have a good video capture card.
Further you require a robust display card with multiple output for monitoring inputs as well as output.
So before you decide to buy / assemble a strong setup you should be clear about your requirements.
Your budget is not enough for a professional setup but can accommodate a home editing setup.

Upadhyay

Broken In
thanks all for your reply,

any software Final Cut Pro /Adobe Premiere / etc .... which can give me fast and best results

It seems that you are not into video editing already.
Most of the professions I know prefer FCP and hence use a Mac but your budget is very conservative for a NLE setup so Mac with FCP is not an option for you.

You can go for whatever best desktop you can fit into this budget... but do get at least 16GB of RAM

Top Bottom