Pc not starting!

IronCruz

ICE COOOOL!!!
I was playing red alert 3 for about 45 min. The pc was running fine. I took a break. I shut down my pc, I came back after a hour when I pressed the power button pc doesnt start. No power lights in the system nor lights in mob. I checked ups, power cable. Its fine. Please help me.

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

My config
AMD athlon II x4 620, biostar TA790GXB, kingston 2gb ddr2 800MHz, cooler master 460w psu, wd 500gb hd, zotac 9600gt 512mb.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
system config? also what is your PSU? manufacturer & wattage?

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

is that PSU from Extreme Power series? doesn't looks to be, but if it is, its the cause of the problem. check if fan is spinning, if not, you got the source of problem.

OP
IronCruz

IronCruz

ICE COOOOL!!!
Yes mine is Extreme Power Supply 460w. But I took this power supply just 4 months ago.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

Fan is not turning instead its like when I press power button its like pressing power button when its totally unplugged.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
got the mole. it doesn't matter 4 month or 4yrs. Cooler Master PSU are not good at all. & Extreme Power is most plagued PSU. send it for RMA. or try get an exchange from the shop you got it.

OP
IronCruz

IronCruz

ICE COOOOL!!!
PSU is gone. They said its because of high voltage. Now it ll be replaced. Thanx to guys who took interest in the thread. Is there any prevention for such problems, So that it doesnt happen again?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
best prevention is, get the Real Power/GX series PSU from Cooler Master (ask them to give you it & balance it if necessary). still i'll say, don't get Cooler Master. cause maybe this time you lucky. next time, your hardware may fail along with the PSU.

vwad

In the zone
OMG. U all r making me afraid. Cant I use stabilizer?

Stabiliser is for outer source of power. For computer's internal parts, PSU is only option, since it converts the electricity received from your wall socket in to usable type of power for various components of your machine. :)

Don't panic, change the PSU to some good brand like Corsair VX450 or FSP Saga II 500 and your problem will be solved. :)

OP
IronCruz

IronCruz

ICE COOOOL!!!
What is the cost of those two PSU? Can u tell me the resale value of COOLER MASTER EXTREME POWER PLUS 460w PSU.

Last edited:

vwad

In the zone
What is the cost of those two PSU? Can u tell me the resale value of COOLER MASTER EXTREME POWER PLUS 460w PSU.

Resale Value I dont know

at theitwares.com, FSP Saga II 500W comes at Rs. 2800 + Shipping Rs. 150 = Rs. 2950 & Corsair VX450 at Rs. 3700 + Shipping Rs. 200 = Rs. 3900

Top Bottom