PC Game Deals

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
not sure if it is correct section , but far cry 3 is available for rs 900 with poster and dlc till 25 november ( preorder) on game4u .

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Of course the right section, this thread is meant for all kind of PC Games (download/disc) deals. Thanks a lot. :)

Also The Lost Expeditions Edition looks good @ 1170/-

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
Max Payne 3 @ $12(PC Download), in flipkart it is 699(DVD) Is it not better to get from flipkart?

I also saw in max cases, the game price after the discount is becoming same as on flipkart. I just want to know whats the benefit of getting the games from those sites? Just a noob question.

yup, we are lucky to have subsidized retail prices. but not all games are available on retail especially indies. like tell me where can you buy dungeon defenders, killing floor etc.

also not all retail games can be tied to an online account like steam, which for some people is a must.

but yes better check the retail prices before jumping on a sale.

and guys here are some games that are extremely discounted on steam, 90% ftw

90% Off Bad Rats: The Rats' Revenge - $0.49 Perimeter... - justpaste.it

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Max Payne 3 @ $12(PC Download), in flipkart it is 699(DVD) Is it not better to get from flipkart?

I also saw in max cases, the game price after the discount is becoming same as on flipkart. I just want to know whats the benefit of getting the games from those sites? Just a noob question.

I have already mentioned in the first post to cross check with retail stores to see which one is cheaper. If the price difference is negligible, buying a download is quicker and you can start playing the game early. Also not all games are available cheaper in retail. Dishonored is an example (even Hitman iirc), you can get it right now at GameStop download service for lesser than retail price. Some games are simply not available also.

BTW, anyone knows about the Download service of Games4U?

dan4u

Took Off!!!

yep, its better to get from flipkart. not just because of the price, but because its a huge game (3 DVD's). downloading it would take quite some time (unless you have a fast connection).

axes2t2

I am a cat
[GMG] Skyrim $22.5 with GMG25-G4VDR-0ZL4Q

[AMAZON] GTA IV Complete + La Noire Complete + GTA San Andreas $14.99

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
Argh..can get Fallout NV for $5 on GMG but I am not sure, I can access the Ultimate Edition Content from steam..

If i add the game to my steam account, can I upgrade it to Ultimate Edition later?
Any help would be appreciated

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Fallout NV isn't available in India via Steam. Forum member Faun got it into his account after some one bought the game for him and "gifted" him.

If you get a key from GMG I'm not completely sure if you can activate from steam(as even keys have region restrictions)

Would recommend you to ask GMG support.

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can this be done?

You make a separate Steam account, set the country you are currently living in as USA, redeem key at this account, and then gift the game to your original account.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Umm?But that link doesn't show any deals
this Amazon's huge game sale for this week (Thanksgiving week) - AnandTech Forums
Can this be done?

You make a separate Steam account, set the country you are currently living in as USA, redeem key at this account, and then gift the game to your original account.

May be very possible that even the IP is checked. you may try though :)

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
FNV keys are region-free, I am worried about the Ultimate Edition upgrade, which I think won't do. sigh, will wait for a steam sale and ask some1 to trade with me..

GMG is awesome btw, 25% off coupons + $2 credit = win :)

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY + Arkham City -80% $9.99
Amazon.com: Batman Arkham Action Pack [Download]: Video Games

Battlefield 3 Premium @ $30
Amazon.com: Battlefield 3: Premium Edition [Download]: Video Games

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Help!!. When buying from amazon after entering card details, it is asking for billing address, and there only US states are listed in the dropdowns. No dropdown for country etc.

Even I am selecting US state and giving PIN for that state. it is not allowing me to proceed further. Please help what to do.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^^
Not any pin give proper pin and state. Can you post a screenshot of it?

I too have faced situations like this before and well entering state name and a PIN of that state helped.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
I was giving wrong Pin codes with respect to the state. Now gave Cupertino's address, and it worked.

But I wonder about the security of amazon. It did only asked for Card Number , Name , and Date of expiry. These three are easily access-able. If Someone get to know any one's card number, thats enough . No 3D-Secure, even no vbv? Is this a fault of Amazon? or the Bank ?
Also my card is not debited yet.

And yes the games are on my Library with product code.

Last edited:
Top Bottom