PC Buying Guide - July 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
1)Gigabyte is m-atx board.
2)The touch bios used in Gigabyte motherboard is not good enough if you compare with MSi click bios.
3)As GD65 doesn't have enough review that's why i giving link related to GD80 to justified my point.Consider this review or wait for some GD65 reviews to come.GD80 is same board as GD65 with some additional features.
Look at this following review
Sandy Bridge Power Consumption and temperatures
DhryStone CPU test+Whetstone FPU+Queen CPU test
CineBench 11.5+FryRender Test

4)It can be overclock I7 processor easily at 4.8Ghz Look here for prof
After ocing to 4.8Ghz 2600k they are getting better performance than Core i7 980X in 3D mark 06 Cpu score.
5) Memory Test- MSi wins handsomely.
6)Performance - Storage SSD SATA6G and USB 3.0

After looking to this review its really worth to spend extra 1k for GD65 over that gigabyte board.Its upon you to choose it or not.If you still argue i can't help.

i will see them now.

1)G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXM is price at Rs 3350/- only at Primeadbgb.

2)How can you so sure about that one who buying a rig@70k will not use application like professional CAD, virtual machines?
Buying 8Gb ram over 4GB @ Rs 3.35k makes more sense for future needs.

well the title is - SUB 70k (Mid Range Gaming)
a person with specific needs can start his thread.

but that price is too sweat. i will mention it.

First of all don't speak like Fanboy.In every thread you are backing 6950 because you are having that card.
I am not speaking without any backup ok don't try to act smart always!!!
MSI R6950 TFIII>MSI GTX560Ti Hawk>MSI GTX560Ti TFII/OC>Sapphire HD6950 1GB.
If you're saying 6950 is better GTX560Ti then why you are going for MSI GTx560Ti Hawk earlier? because its out of stock in SMC International.
You're suggesting others to buy Ati cards and how can you convinced yourself to buy Nvidia cards for yourself(earlier)?

lol, what a reply i got. but shouldnt have expected nice replies from nvidia fanboys here.

I backed 6950 from start because of its performance.

as for highlighted statement, i say prove it. justify it and post reviews. :neutral:
and whats a 6950 TFIII? its just a 50mhz overclocked 6950.

i was getting 560 ti hawk (i mentioned it earlier in my thread) -
1. because i wanted a TFIII cooler as i liked it and i wanted to try physx
2. since it isnt available, i choose 6950 1gb as its performance is almost same.

Why you are saying my 560Ti????
Also person will not use Tx850 for ages.So Tx750V2 will be enough for that rig.

man try to understand a bit. he gets a sli rig and after new gpu releases he wants to upgrade to a powerful system. he wont have to upgrade his psu then as 850W is very futureproof.

How can you say that i am saying that facts from nowhere??
I have read about the build quality from reviews.

post those reviews.

When you suggest any product did you test yourself? For instance when you are suggesting 6950 over 560ti.Have you used both the product?I sure no.Then why you're suggesting?I have my MSI GTX560Ti TF II/oC with me and its really good that's why i am suggesting to buy GTX560Ti because its a good performer also its cooler also.

lol you have a TX750, GTX580, HD6970 or those monitors or SLI system?

we see reviews.

If the user is not like to spend huge amount orf keyboard/mouse then simple logitech desktop combo@500makes more sense than cyclosa bundle.Also it has 3years warranty.
I am against RAZER product for bad build quality.

research, do research. see reviews.

example of imperator -
Razer Imperator Gaming Mouse Review - Conclusion
build - 10/10

MSI GTX560Ti Hawk SLI provides similar performance to 6950CFX.

you read reviews?

And if you want to still argue you can, but i will not reply to your post

i will reply to each and every post that points at me.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cool down guys. ;)

Solve this: I am eying for Seagate ST31000524AS 1tb HDD. Are these OK? Might buy 2.

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Jaskanwar Singh said:
man try to understand a bit. he gets a sli rig and after new gpu releases he wants to upgrade to a powerful system. he wont have to upgrade his psu then as 850W is very futureproof.
I have to completely agree with this :)

Jaskanwar Singh said:
lol, what a reply i got. but shouldnt have expected nice replies from nvidia fanboys here.
I dont think anyone is any fanboy here.Every one has their own preferences so they back certain brands, etc

Also this is a good discussion I found- GTX 560 Ti SLI vs Crossfire 6950 vs Crossfire 6970 - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

MegaMind

Human Spambot
as for highlighted statement, i say prove it. justify it and post reviews. :neutral:
and whats a 6950 TFIII? its just a 50mhz overclocked 6950.

i was getting 560 ti hawk (i mentioned it earlier in my thread) -
1. because i wanted a TFIII cooler as i liked it and i wanted to try physx
2. since it isnt available, i choose 6950 1gb as its performance is almost same.

@Jas, 560ti TFII > 6950 TFII...

Here s the proof

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Now i will reply only one thing to Jaskanwar if look at my previous post i am not pointing anything to you!!! You are just saying my given rig is not better than you.You can say that its need improvement but as whole you are saying its not needed.Don't think of yourself someone like extragenius

Hahahah you can argue because you will never take any others suggestion.You are also ATI HD saphhire Fanboy MR.

Why you are saying i don't read reviews.....your overconfidence is showing here.

I am not brand fanboy like you.
I suggest to others Ati AMD card also...but you just suggesting AMD ATI nor Nvidia hahhaha............because you are true fanboy am not

Last edited:
OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
@Jas, 560ti TFII > 6950 TFII...

Here s the proof

ok first see the games they use. mafia II, batman aa, lost planet etc. all nvidia biased. 560 ti hawk will ofcourse perform better in them.

where are taxing unbiased games like metro, crysis etc?

and now what will you say about these -
Introduction - MSI N560GTX-Ti Hawk Video Card Review | [H]ard|OCP
a stock 6950 is beating it in 3 out of 5 games.

Introduction - GIGABYTE GTX 560 Ti OC Video Card Review | [H]ard|OCP
a stock 6950 is beating a 560 oced to 900mhz in all games.

check out these and compare -
MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti HAWK review
MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition OC review

check this -
in metro, crysis 6950 stock equals 560 ti tfII. they almost equal.
MSI N560GTX Ti Twin Frozer II review

Now i will reply only one thing to Jaskanwar if look at my previous post i am not pointing anything to you!!! You are just saying my given rig is not better than you.You can say that its need improvement but as whole you are saying its not needed.Don't think of yourself someone like extragenius

Hahahah you can argue because you will never take any others suggestion.You are also ATI HD saphhire Fanboy MR.

I will argue with you still i get banned....:x

Why you are saying i don't read reviews.....your overconfidence is showing here.

I am not brand fanboy like you.
I suggest to others Ati AMD card also...but you just suggesting AMD ATI nor Nvidia hahhaha............because you are true fanboy am not

arrey instead of putting out anger justify your points.

and about suggestions go through some threads first.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Hey megamind stop giving link jaskanwar about any GTX560Ti he will argue till the end for ATI AMD cards becasue he is true fanboy :))

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
@Tenida u started it this isnt a discussion thread man. its a community service ,an initiative to help people make right choices.

@all Please keep this thread stripped of arguments , as heated discussions bloat the thread and newcomers may be put of too.

when a doubt or question arise over the debated config well sought it out at time . ok tenida?
so do not point fingers that you or you there are wrong right of the bat.

i believe all here are educated young men and gentlemen, so lets behave like those.

the case has been put in grave and is taboo to talk over now.

@AMD radeon the 6000 series are damned good products seriously , we havent been given this privilage of suggesting ever before.so we are overly excited none our fanboys. it just excessive praise as we are kinda surprised woah man how did AMD pull this off.
thats all about and many trusted benchmarking and tech sites have given thumbs up in their reviews,

fact of the matter 6000 radeons are good enough to be suggested more than nvidia this time around.

i hope you see my point there are no qualms about 500 geforce being any less but for a change we are patting AMD's back as well.

Last edited:

Tenida

Gadget Freak

I have justified enough in my previous post.You will never understand my point of view.

Its not anger buddy.I have justified enough in my previous post.You will never understand my point of view.

MegaMind

Human Spambot
In the end, The 560ti beats 6950 in 3/6 games n vice versa... So its better to compare the prices as they are almost similar in performance... ;-)

Tenida

Gadget Freak
@Tenida u started it this isnt a discussion thread man. its a community service ,an initiative to help people make right choices.

@all Please keep this thread stripped of arguments , as heated discussions bloat the thread and newcomers may be put of too.

when a doubt or question arise over the debated config well sought it out at time . ok tenida?
so do not point fingers that you or you there are wrong right of the bat.

i believe all here are educated young men and gentlemen, so lets behave like those.

the case has been put in grave and is taboo to talk over now.
Ok. Lets finish it :))

nilgtx260

Maximum Craze
ok guys, lets end this war. We are all friends here, help & share each other knowledge to buy optimum product. May be some of us are Nvidia fan boy & some are AMD & some are neutral but it doesn't mean we should fight each other about what is good or what is not. Don't do anything stupid here like you guys are doing. Come one guys, we all are grown up, now if you guys fight & behave like a child then it's a matter of big shame. Fighting doesn't solve anything but makes it more critical. So, just forget it and maintain peace & dignity.

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
In the end, The 560ti beats 6950 in 3/6 games n vice versa... So its better to compare the prices as they are almost similar in performance... ;-)

the thing is 6950 is running at stock in almost every review. ;-)

but yes 10.7k is hard to beat. i will confirm with smc tomorrow.

nilgtx260

Maximum Craze
Basically HD 6950> GTX 560 Ti, but every manufacturer made some custom gpu with custom cooler & raise the clock speed for better performance. This custom gpus are very hard to judge cause those custom gpus have their own pricing according to ther build quality.

AnandTech - Bench - GPU11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom