PC Buying Guide 2011- Q4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cilus

laborare est orare
AMD sempron 150 @ 10k at flipkart...

Is this a joke...

They quoted very very high price for out of stock products......

There is no point of posting here that info.
All their out of stock AMD CPUs are listed there as RS 10000; irrespective of their type. They are in the process of updating their site and it is quite evident if you look at their AMD processor listing that those prices were not at all any real pricing.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ Do Tirupati have their own shop/showroom at Kolkata?? :unsure: If yes, then address please.

Don't need anymore. Got it here: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/hardware-...ng-advice-thread-kolkata-203.html#post1532315

And I think the warrenty period of those evga cards are 3 years, right?

Last edited:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
In USA and Canada, the variant sold is A1/AR etc. It has lifetime warranty. In Europe the same variant has 10 years warranty.

In India the K1/KR/E1 etc variants are sold which have 2 years warranty.

I had posted links in the forum in the GPU section, so you can check them out.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Those newer white packed Artic MX-2s suck, even AS5 (older ones to say the least) is better than this. I wish I was overexaggerting but I am not. Not only they are way too freeflowing but you'll end up putting more than what you usually apply. Not worth Rs. 350 for sure.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Those newer white packed Artic MX-2s suck, even AS5 (older ones to say the least) is better than this. I wish I was overexaggerting but I am not. Not only they are way too freeflowing but you'll end up putting more than what you usually apply. Not worth Rs. 350 for sure.

Where did you hear about this?! :shock:

Probably a bad batch.

BTW MX-2 has always been a thin fluid, MX-3 was very viscous :?

tkin

Back to school!!
Hmm, guys, I'm making a entry level rig for my friend, here's the config(sub 25k):

AMD Athlon II x4 635 @ 4k
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P @ 2.8k
Corsair Vengeance 4GB @ 1.8k
Seagate 250GB @ 3.5k
ASUS ODD @ 1.1k
Corsair CX430 @ 2.5k
Intex Cabby @ 1k
Dell IN2030M @ 6k
Microtek UPS 600VA @ 1.5k
Altec Lansing BXR1221 @ 1k

Now thing is I need some clarification, since I've been a bit out of touch for sometime now.

1. How good is the mobo gpu? Specs are fine but can it play entry level games @ 1600x900? My friend is interested in playing FB games, and on some extent Sims 3, so can it play them? If not what other option do I have?

2. How good is the dell monitor? She doesn't need a high end display, she is least bothered by them, 19"/20" is good enough for her, but she does need a good after sales service, so LG/Samsung/Dell for her only(parents not so keen on BenQ or AOC, don't bother).

3. Will a Llano based system be better for playing games? If so I need a sub 25k config with Llano.

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
@Jas: this is the latest one, so take this into account.

Config.

Nvidia 3D Vision with Single Monitor [OC-able].

Component | Make | Price Processor |Intel Core i5 2500k|11700
Processor cooler |Thermalright Venomous X|3700
Processor FAN's |Noctua NF-S12B x2 [Push Pull Config]|1900 [950 each from itwares]
Motherboard |Asus P8Z68V PRO B3|13000
RAM |Gskill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL|1650
Graphic Card |Zotac 560GTX-TI 2048MB x 2|30000
HDD |Seagate 250GB 7200.12|3400
DVD Writer |ASUS 24X Sata Black DVD|1150
PSU |Corsair TX850 v2|6800
Case |NZXT Tempest EVO|5500
Monitor |ASUS 3D MONITOR VG236H |18300
Glasses |Nvidia 3D Vision Kit |8100
Mouse |Razer DeathAdder Black|1950
Keyboard |Microsoft Sidewinder X4|2300
Mouse Pad |Razer Goliathus Fragged Omega S - Speed/Control|500
UPS |APC 1.1KVA|4300
Sound Card |Asus Xonar DX|4500
Speakers |Logitech Z506|4500
| Total |122500

Optional Components.

Component | Make | Price Monitor |ASUS 3D MONITOR VG236H x 3 |18.3 x 3
Monitor |Palit GTX580 3GB x 2|30k x 2

Note: This is a reference Config for understanding the basic requirement for a 3D Config. Please read the Health & Safety guidelines for usage of 3D.

sorry for delay d3p5kor. :oops: (exams)

why not a NH-D14? it will allow 8GB ram to be added?
and MSI Z68A GD65 B3 @ 11k. a 500GB HDD can be added?

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Where did you hear about this?! :shock:

Probably a bad batch.

BTW MX-2 has always been a thin fluid, MX-3 was very viscous :?
I have used 4 tubes of older ones and 1 tube of newer ones, confirmed it with few people. Not possible unless the entire stuff is cost cutting garbage. MX-3 also isn't good from what I heard from good sources. Newer MX2s are more free-flowing and surpsingly has about 48 hour curing time (and still not good enough) for anything to justify Rs. 350 for this.

Toolius (a friend from TE) pretty much has the same experience and he got it long time back. The bottom portion of the thermal paste inside the syringe is thick, rest of it that is the first to come out is like water. Shake it hard as much as you want, it just doesn't work. Another system assembler I know very well gave away 2 of his brand new pack of MX2s and bought AS5. I might import 2x large syringe of older MX2s from a friend or grab a ceramique. Not cool from Artic's end. Avoid newer MX-2s.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
eeek. Older MX-2s or else forget it. I think OCZ freeze might be a much better option than Newer MX2s.

Ceramique are much better off. Its not as good as other pastes but the lifespan is far higher than any of these pastes out there so that headache is ignored. Good enough for me to use for building systems for others and testing. If I am not satisfied for my own use (IF) then I would probably grab something else that I suggested...

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
eeek. Older MX-2s or else forget it. I think OCZ freeze might be a much better option than Newer MX2s.

Ceramique are much better off. Its not as good as other pastes but the lifespan is far higher than any of these pastes out there so that headache is ignored. Good enough for me to use for building systems for others and testing. If I am not satisfied for my own use (IF) then I would probably grab something else that I suggested...
I've found the MX-4 to be much better than my AS5/OCZ freeze/CM crap/MX-2.

It lasts very long and has very little (few hours at most) cure times.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ rightly said - CM actually makes good thermal paste - I've used Nano Fusion before and that was very good - used Thermal Fusion a couple of times and it's also good but I still feel Nano Fusion was the best TiM I've used from CM ;-)

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Older MX2s don't need any curing time, so does MX3. OCZ Freeze has a different texture/thickness so pea application with this is probably not the best thing. Prolimatech Pk-1 is also another good thermal paste. There's already a discussion happening somewhere else:
Facebook

Concentrate on the lifespan as well. Noctua's thermalpaste that I had get dried up 2-4 months down the line and its so bad that an application on EVGA 9600GT 1GB GDDR3 stock which hits 56 on load one fine day hits 80 degrees on idle.

Thermal Fusion 400 is good. Isn't that the paste bundled with N520/N620? Who said its bad? Did you even any of those pastes? It does the job. Their CM's standard thing (What? 50 bucks wallah thing?) does the job for what its worth. Coolermaster has a paste which is originally made by shin etsu (undisputedly the best thermal paste- period) too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom