Path of Exile

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
ping problem got fixed with Singapore server, till then it was too laggy to play. Like enemies were not getting damaged, was randomly teleporting all over the map, and suddenly used to be back on loading screen
long loading time got fixed by using --nopreload in steam game properties, set launch options
now it is crashing randomly on some maps, Tidal Island or Lioneye watch

ok got some idea about [strike]leagues[/strike] events. seems really involving? Ionno. Gonna finish once and unlock the Scion.

Piyush

Lanaya
Never had my game crashing, so not sure what causing this. If it still persists, try poe forums, they listen and reply.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
similar to these
*www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1307435/page/1

- - - Updated - - -

fixed it by putting everything on minimum settings and windowed mode

snap

Lurker
hmm weird, fang's game also crashes unless he changes the settings to windowed mode. I run it at fullscreen just fine.

Piyush

Lanaya
Nice!! Finally, welcome to PoE, steam version :D (though both are same)
Ya, events are engrossing. But like you said, unlock Scion first. We will have (probably) new league/event in November as well. This October one is just a flash back event but still fun since it consists of all the mods applied during previous events so far.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
tysm. I like the changes! the totem turret is so cool. Game seems much easier now in the basic league. Like the Gluttonous Gull. The freeze spell seems to be nerfed, but like the force lightning spell. The new skills are cool.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
This is my skill tree right now

*i.imgur.com/wzsmENM.jpg

going to focus on damage and crit in next few upgrades. Pretty happy with it. Not going to touch aoe tree at all.
using firestorm skill most, it's like rain of fire during which I can cast something else
so then while firestorm is cast, using freezing pulse or incinerate, which blasts out a continuous stream of the element. Most mobs, including bosses evaporate by this point.
got cold snap and fireball, never use them. Flame Totem too, only need to use on some bosses.
if mobbed, use the frost wall to keep enemies out
so basically, I got a Witch of Ice and Fire

- - - Updated - - -

will upload video after I get little more into the flow with this skillset
PS, window 10 and POE at odds? because it seemed much faster on 8, plus was recording video a lot of the time

- - - Updated - - -

PPS this game is so different from normal MMO logic

Piyush

Lanaya
Your tree is looking fine. I havent played a witch class full fledged, I only played the class in 1 hr race events and I followed same skill tree, spell dmg and shield. IIRC, on top of those nodes you can find element specific nodes.

You can always try experimenting with gems. For example, you are using firestorm, add a Increased Aoe gem in link with it and see the change. I even tried some funny stuff like, adding Support cold dmg gem to flame totem and the flame totem adding extra cold dmg to its fire projectiles which I found stupidly funny.

Im playing on Win 8 as well, havent come across any negativity regarding PoE and 10 any how.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
woo im going to add cold support gem to flame totem lol
but yes, you cannot really follow any kind of logic apart from what the game does. the firestorm spell for example seems to lose effectiveness against single targets if aoe is increased, but it does well enough against even single targets despite the animation clearly looking like an aoe spell.
and plus you people made me left click around the map and try to clear everything without touching the keyboard
[YOUTUBE]l0wjlPOgtBY[/YOUTUBE]

got the bandits too, while the video was being uploaded. Killed them all :D, just for the one skill point.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
[YOUTUBE]W-IsUZKPONQ[/YOUTUBE]
you gave me an idea. As soon as I head to base, im gonna put the increased cold damage on firestorm itself.

Your tree is looking fine. I havent played a witch class full fledged, I only played the class in 1 hr race events and I followed same skill tree, spell dmg and shield. IIRC, on top of those nodes you can find element specific nodes.

yup, gonna max those two. Ice and Fire.

- - - Updated - - -

[YOUTUBE]9-nDcpIUzLY[/YOUTUBE]
?

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
hmm. spell totem gem is so funny, you can add it to any spell, and make a little totem for that spell :D

*www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1353421 skill tree seems to be missing in this one. poedb.tw seems to be down.
*poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA3...upLG3MYx2Q2Oaz3FNQ8hPBBcvJLCApFBCUzWePJ_f73w= going for that in first char, will make another dual totem witch

- - - Updated - - -

I put a bunch of spells in the totem turret support gem
[YOUTUBE]NFBRpQxRMwo[/YOUTUBE]

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
yeah. Don't worry guys, I listened to all of you. Have a dual totem templar build
following this one to the tee
*www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1372948
I can see the difference and the streamlining. Using only 3 spells and one aura. Mostly playing with only mouse.
Also, I paid only some attention to how gear looks instead of the stats (in this case magical abilities and gem slots), but my Templar is wearing a Toga, a Silken Vest and using a branch with a pink flower on it as a weapon.
*i.imgur.com/UIEZxYJ.jpg

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Wow dual totems lol so much fun
Got the skill two levels before the gem, so just checked if one lightning teleport totem and one flame teleport totem could be cast at the same time. It is totally possible lol.
Also paired a teleporting totem with a searing bond support totem.
Enemies are totally confused.

- - - Updated - - -

ok got them finally
*i.imgur.com/D5JbQLq.jpg

Top Bottom