passion Dvd player with usb and DivX

chits

Broken In
Using long file name and subtitles

Suppose you have 3 files llike this in a folder on your USB driver

A.Tale.of.TwoCitis.1[www.com].avi
A.Tale.of.TwoCitis.2[www.com].avi
A.Tale.of.TwoCitis.3[www.com].avi

DVD player's now-a-days shrink all the files ( property of FAT32 filesystem) to 8 character name
A.Tale.~.avi
A.Tale.~.avi
A.Tale.~.avi

A solution for this is do something like this
1.A.Tale.of.TwoCitis.[www.com].avi
2.A.Tale.of.TwoCitis.[www.com].avi
3.A.Tale.of.TwoCitis.[www.com].avi

This way you can uniquely identify the files...

URPradhan

Journeyman
Re: Using long file name and subtitles

Suppose you have 3 files llike this in a folder on your USB driver

A.Tale.of.TwoCitis.1[www.com].avi
A.Tale.of.TwoCitis.2[www.com].avi
A.Tale.of.TwoCitis.3[www.com].avi

DVD player's now-a-days shrink all the files ( property of FAT32 filesystem) to 8 character name
A.Tale.~.avi
A.Tale.~.avi
A.Tale.~.avi

A solution for this is do something like this
1.A.Tale.of.TwoCitis.[www.com].avi
2.A.Tale.of.TwoCitis.[www.com].avi
3.A.Tale.of.TwoCitis.[www.com].avi

This way you can uniquely identify the files...

May be. But I think if you use "." (Dots) only before file extension and remove from the file name it will show 32 character length.

maestomani

Right off the assembly line
Hi There

I have the same passion DVD player my player is not recognizing divx and mpeg4 from PEN drive 2GB and 4 GB. I have tried with FAT and FAT 32. avi and mp3 are ok. Any Lights on this.

BRs

vkatta

Bought one for Rs. 1199/- during five day discount sale on 15 August. For the price, build quality and features are unbeatable. Has played everything - Divx, Xvid, etc. directly and through a USB HDD.

Has Prologic II built in and an array of features like equaliser, reverb settings, etc. Attaching few photographs to show the build quality and connections available.

A good choice till Blue Ray standard becomes affordable.

knm

Can anyone tell me how is the quality of analogue audio and video output of the Passion DVd player? I am planning to connect the same to my music system.

Can the performance be compared with branded players like Philips / LG /Samsung make.

Other than Passion, I have shortlisted Philips 3266 / LG 388 /Samsung 480 R. Can anyone pl. help in deciding the model!

Hackattack

Multicore Mutant
Can anyone tell me how is the quality of analogue audio and video output of the Passion DVd player? I am planning to connect the same to my music system.

Can the performance be compared with branded players like Philips / LG /Samsung make.

Other than Passion, I have shortlisted Philips 3266 / LG 388 /Samsung 480 R. Can anyone pl. help in deciding the model!

The Video quality is OK, but i doub't the audio is upto the standards.

P.S. Try listening to "Lil John- Bass terror(bia bia), the bass is completly out of tune

vkatta

It is a value for money sort of thing so do not expect extraordinary performance. Video and Audio performance is good looking to price. The equalisers are directly accessible from remote in case of DVD. In case of USB and VCDs/ACDs, reverb settings become accessible directly from remote from the same button, a little weird thing, IMO.

Did not have a chance to compare with other models you have referred to, so can not comment.

knm

Thank U very much for the feed back. Since most of the time I may be using the player to play songs from USB through my music system, though it is a damn cheap player as copmpared to the branded one, I should check the audio quality at Bigbazar before going for it. The general opinion tilts towards philips. On testing the video quality/color reproduction of Philips was found to be much better than that of Samsung.

Last edited:

solomon

Does passion dvd player play MP3 of JPEG from all the sessions from multisession DVD-R or DVD+R? Most of the DVD players available in the market only play the first session.

gdx_m

Broken In
Many positive reviews, looks like it is worth every penny.

So guy, is BigBazaar still selling this player? Please let me know. :)

Bought one for Rs. 1199/- during five day discount sale on 15 August. For the price, build quality and features are unbeatable. Has played everything - Divx, Xvid, etc. directly and through a USB HDD.

Has Prologic II built in and an array of features like equaliser, reverb settings, etc. Attaching few photographs to show the build quality and connections available.

A good choice till Blue Ray standard becomes affordable.

Picture attracted are not working. :(

Please upload it elsewhere.

Last edited:

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
i have one intex player suports mp3,wma,divx,avi,dat,vob,jpg,bmp.........with usb support.....kingston,moserbear 1gb n 8 gb supported.......not working with amkette 1 gb pen drive.......

neogen

Broken In
i have one intex player suports mp3,wma,divx,avi,dat,vob,jpg,bmp.........with usb support.....kingston,moserbear 1gb n 8 gb supported.......not working with amkette 1 gb pen drive.......

how much did it cost you? if possible post some pictures. :p

vilas_patil

Journeyman
Hi guys does passion Dvd player (USB) support 8GB pen drive?
Please reply me ASAP am planning to purchase it today itself from BIG BAZAAR...

trigger

Journeyman
Confused now? Which would be a better option?
Passion DVD Player @ FutureBazaar Or USB MP4 / DVD Player @ Indiatimes

mang

Broken In
Re: to get best quality music from Passion dvd player

I too bought Passion DVD player Model 7300 with usb port at its back, in my observation there is no built-in amplifier the box thats why audio quality is not upto the mark especially when connected to CRT Colour TV. Accessing the USB 2.0 PORT at the back is troublesome it should have been at the front.. My question is can I get good quality of sound by connecting it with 5.1 speaker system which have built-in amplifier and Dolby ditital &HTS Decoder. What Speaker should be ideal for this.I am price concious price range of Rs.2500/- and below.

mang

Broken In
Guys is this the Passion DVD player you folks bought...

*210.210.22.235/catalog/48/482329CAE0B3014DE1000000A0330A03.jpg

I can't see USB port on front panel :confused: is it at the rear end?

This model is different from what i bought in bigbazaar. It has usb port in the back and the model no. is 7300.

Top Bottom