Paper Wars in Chennai!

Which of the following do subscribe to?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
The Times of India finally started their Chennai Edition today.

It was interesting to see the competition and it’s effect overnight.

Read more in my blog... Paper Wars in Chennai.

Read TOI today and felt it was like Deccan Chronicle and The New Indian Express mashed together. Anyway going to subscribe to TOI and The Hindu.

Anyone read the TOI? How was it?

sourav123

Thinking Different
TOI is the only newspaper I read. And in my opinion it rocks. be careful about the city supplement though if you have small children at home, it sometimes carries provocative photographs.

But in my personal view, it has a very old heritage and keeps up to its fame. Also it organises a lot of social campaigns.

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

I guess its the same with most of the newspapers, but otherwise the TOI content is excellent.
I heard Deccan Herald in B'lore is numero uno. How good is it?

Those provocative stuff you talk about, Deccan Chronicle has been spoiling kids all these 2-3 years. :lol:
I was subscribing to DC till it was priced Re 1 but when they hiked, I got a reason to unsubscribe.

News and BS composition of the papers. :D
DC is 90% BS and 10% news.
TOI seems to have 35% news and 65% BS.
The Hindu is 70% news and 30% BS
How is Indian Express in this regard. Never was a regular subscriber.

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^^ IMHO The Indian Express is faaar better than Times of India. Its 100% news and 0% bullshit......

I get Times of India and Hindustan Times at my home. Both are almost the same.

Our school gets The Indian Express and I find it to be the best. It just has news nothing else.

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
well..all work and no play makes jack a dull boy.. :D

in kolkata we have the Statesman..real good..crap paper quality but the vocab is real good..

we subscrbe to telegraph and times...times,both rock..but times likes to fill its paper up with informative stuff while telegraph copies evrything from PTI and looks to seal it ASAp..

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Actually PK concentrates more on what we call neighbourhood journalism and mind it whatever be the popular perception there is not even a single paper in India which does neighbourhood journalism better than PK.

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
The Deccan Chronicle did what it does best - news like “Mens go for breast reduction” was in the front pages.

:D ROFL

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Nothing beats Pune's local Sandhyanand. All the news are from out of the world, mostly inspired by Ripley's believe it or not.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
I am in Mumbai and I subscribe to:
1. Times of India
2. Bombay times
3. Mumbai Mirror
4. Economic times
5. Hindustan times
6. Maharashtra times

I had subscribed to all of them at once in an offer where I was offered the subscription at dirt-cheap price. Now the "raddi which gets accumulated due to all this paper fetches much more than the what I spent on subscription. :D

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

TOI is just a average fare. Nothing is there in the paper but how mother's influence has a bad effect on kids (Anna Nicole Smith and her son died of drug overdose, Lindsay Lohan and her son are drunkards).

Had chance to ogle at Squash babes - Joshna and Deepika. :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom