P4 to Core 2 Duo/ Core 2 Quad

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarundham

Banned
I have a P4 PC of LG and i wanna know how do i get to know is ma pc is compatible wid Core 2 Duo/ Core 2 Quad????

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
what motherboard your system have. Read motherboard manual, or visit motherboard manufacture's website to find compatible processors.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
actually dude i do not know as ma pc is of lg and how do i check dat??
If your system has windows XP.
start -->> Help and support -->> Use Tools to view your computer information and diagnose problems -->> My computer Information -->> View general system information about this computer

You can find detailed information about your system configuration here.

Sooraj_digit

BLah.. Blah..blah.......
I have a P4 PC of LG and i wanna know how do i get to know is ma pc is compatible wid Core 2 Duo/ Core 2 Quad????

hey why dont you search for your motherboard's manual(most of the branded computer companies give them in your mottherboard's cartoon) that will give you complete information about all upgrades if not then check the MSI website and search for your motherboard's model(basically they are categorised by chipset-types)........

but if you cant do this then you must know that most motherboards support further upgrade compatibilities upto 6-12 month of upcoming products...... and you know when you bought your pc... and when the C2D's and C2Q's came into market.......

sashijoseph

In the zone
It's probably a 915 chipset...
If so there's no way you could use a dual core or c2d with it.
Check the ram wala tab in cpu-z whether it is DDR1 or DDR2..

OP
T

tarundham

Banned
Its a 945G chipset(dat's wat i get to know from ma driver's CD)
and my RAM tab shows DDR

so plz tell me is it compatible??????

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
newer 945g express then it might support core 2 duo and that depend on manufacturer model..
older 945g do not support the new cpu i think

MS-7137 seem like it is used oem for small form factor pc branded by other company
*global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=prodcpusupport&prod_no=6&maincat_no=134&cat2_no=&cat3_no=

looks like chance of yours supporting core 2 duo is near zero

shaunak

Tux Fan
I think you will need a Mobo update.

Jan 2006 means that its probably a 945G/P, which is incompatible with the Core2 series. The first chipset to support the Core2 released in June 2006.

945GC codename:Lakeport G is the only 945 to support the core2 and it was released in Jan 2007.

So outta luck buddy...

Intel release dates ::Here::

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom