Overheating problems

pulsar_swift

Youngling
generic answer: Remove the heatsink, reapply the TIM and fit the heat sink, try to add few intake fans,assuming that you already have a exhaust fan

keur

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys,I am an regular reader of ur magzine.....
my problem is that cpu temperature is getting above normal (CPU TEMPERATURE=65 C) .Whenever I use more than 2 or 3 application,PC totally hangs up,at this point
neither mouse nor keyboard works,it totally freezes up.....
MY PC CONFIGURATION IS-
->AMD athlon(tm) XP 2400+ 2.00ghz
->1.5 gb ddr1 ram
->80gb seagate hdd (IDE)

Hi team digit,I am an regular reader of ur magzine.....
my problem is that cpu temperature is getting above normal (CPU TEMPERATURE=65 C) .Whenever I use more than 2 or 3 application,PC totally hangs up,at this point
neither mouse nor keyboard works,it totally freezes up.....
MY PC CONFIGURATION IS-
->AMD athlon(tm) XP 2400+ 2.00ghz
->1.5 gb ddr1 ram
->80gb seagate hdd (IDE)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
How did you measure that temp is getting above 65c.

Use a app called Everest to know your CPU temp - post the idle temp and load temp ( ie running 2/3 apps ) the app is showing .

BTW, what apps you are using ?

tkin

Back to school!!
How did you measure that temp is getting above 65c.

Use a app called Everest to know your CPU temp - post the idle temp and load temp ( ie running 2/3 apps ) the app is showing .

BTW, what apps you are using ?
Everest is dead, its AIDA64 now.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
yep, buddy I know that and I've used that but it's a paid software anyway ( after 30 days trial period ) - my point is there's a home version of everest which is still free though old and it can easily show the temp of old cpus ( like keur one have ) ie AMD athlon(tm) XP 2400+ 2.00ghz easily ;-)

manashp9876

Broken In
Re: Hardware Price Check (Kolkata)

hello friends, my i5 2500k is giving me an idle temp of 42c average......i dont think it is normal......what say?btw i'm using cm hyper212+.

tkin

Back to school!!

hello friends, my i5 2500k is giving me an idle temp of 42c average......i dont think it is normal......what say?btw i'm using cm hyper212+.
Your ambient is 34c+, what do you expect? Anyway check for air flow in cabinet.

nginx

In the zone

If you are living in a place like Kolkata where the ambient temp in summer is between 35-40C, then 42c is not that bad an idle temp. Surely you cant expect your processor to work at a lower temp than the surrounding air. Just check to make sure your temperature at load doesn't exceed 70C.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

Your ambient is 34c+, what do you expect? Anyway check for air flow in cabinet.

Mine gives 38-39 at ambient of 36c+. hmmm, the cooler is working properly then, no need to buy better TIMs at this moment.

manashp9876

Broken In

Mine gives 38-39 at ambient of 36c+. hmmm, the cooler is working properly then, no need to buy better TIMs at this moment.

on load it reaches 62c.( no overclocking)using cm690 with 7 fans.......so ventilation is adequate.......what you think guys...faulty chip or what?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

on load it reaches 62c.( no overclocking)using cm690 with 7 fans.......so ventilation is adequate.......what you think guys...faulty chip or what?

haven't followed SNB CPUs much but the load temps look a bit higher.

manashp9876

Broken In

overclokerszone=Tirupati, Kolkata HO

But prices are high

@manas

Reply fast, did you assemble yourself or anyone else? Was the TIM applied successfully/correctly? See if any type of Fan Control sett. in BIOS sett. is restricting the PWM fan.

i did it myself.it was the same method i used to do with my e7400.temp never went above 35c-38c.No PWM fan set up, only cpu fan which regulated by mobo.

modder

RAMPAGE!!!!

i did it myself.it was the same method i used to do with my e7400.temp never went above 35c-38c.No PWM fan set up, only cpu fan which regulated by mobo.

But at load it shouldn't be that high. Download Core Temp & Real Temp, then start a new thread (do post the screenshots) here:

Hardware Q&A - Digit Technology Discussion Forum

modder

RAMPAGE!!!!

@manas

I guess your temps are ok, see:

Questions regarding P8P67 Pro

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ manashp9876 - Thje temp of ore i5 2500k in you pc look a little high under idle and load.

post a cpu-z screenshot of your cpu - I think your cpu vcore is just too high.

BTW, which app you are using to measure cpu temp ?

Top Bottom