Overheating problems

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ ithehappy -
I keep hitting 72-73°C while playing Crysis 2.

are you running Hyper 212+ with single fan setup - try mounting an another 120mm on Hyper.

@ thetechfreak -
Guys, the temparature of Celeron [oc by 600 mhz to 2.4 ghz) raises to 79c during load, indicated by both Open hardware monitor, real temp. what should i clean pc with?

it's too hot - why not get a decent cooler like CM Hyper TX3.

@ mukherjee -
Jus mention that u need spirit for 'dressing' purposes...he will understand!

got it bro , thanks ;-)

@ Rajesh345 -
Today got reply from Theitwares , Hyper 212+ is out of stock . they said stock will arrive only nxt month

try local stores or any other online shops or else see if Hyper N620 is available - expect to pay 2.5k though but it's worth the extra money ;-)

Rajesh345

Youngling
@ ithehappy -

are you running Hyper 212+ with single fan setup - try mounting an another 120mm on Hyper.

@ thetechfreak -

it's too hot - why not get a decent cooler like CM Hyper TX3.

@ mukherjee -

got it bro , thanks ;-)

@ Rajesh345 -

try local stores or any other online shops or else see if Hyper N620 is available - expect to pay 2.5k though but it's worth the extra money ;-)

none of the local store guys doesnt know AM tims , coolers

when i asked he was getting a dusty 10 year old cpu cooler :grin:

tkin

Back to school!!
I am running double fan. A R4 to intake air and the one came with the cooler for exhaust. Is the temp in danger zone?
Not good, what tim did you use? The one that came free? Get rid of it quick, buy a Tuniq TX4/Arctic from theitdepot, want the link?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
The CM Nano Fusion that comes with it is decent. Of course not as good at Tuniq, but does the job fine.

tkin

Back to school!!
^^
The CM Nano Fusion that comes with it is decent. Of course not as good at Tuniq, but does the job fine.
I don't get it, Hyper 212+ is a descent cooler, its heatpipe based, only conclusion that comes to my mind is that the tim got into the gaps between heatpipes and base caused this, the hyper cooler requires special tim spreading technique as I read in an article once.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Not good, what tim did you use? The one that came free? Get rid of it quick, buy a Tuniq TX4/Arctic from theitdepot, want the link?

Of course I want the link. Found all but not the TX4. Yes I am using the one came with the Hyper 212+.
Anyway, I removed the side panel today and played for straight two hours, even at a higher ambient and the temp didn't cross 70°C this time.

I don't get it, Hyper 212+ is a descent cooler, its heatpipe based, only conclusion that comes to my mind is that the tim got into the gaps between heatpipes and base caused this, the hyper cooler requires special tim spreading technique as I read in an article once.
Please share that article also.

tkin

Back to school!!
Of course I want the link. Found all but not the TX4. Yes I am using the one came with the Hyper 212+.
Anyway, I removed the side panel today and played for straight two hours, even at a higher ambient and the temp didn't cross 70°C this time.

Please share that article also.
OK, Tuniq TX4 and Arctic here:

TX4
Theitdepot - Sunbeam TX-4 Extreme Thermal Compound

Arctic Silver:
Theitdepot - Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound 3.5 Gram

How to apply thermal paste to direct heatpipe coolers:
Best Thermal Paste Application Methods | best application methods,thermal paste,TIM,thermal compound,thermal interface material,best practices,Best Practices for Thermal Interface Material Paste Application Methods and Thermal Grease Patterns

Personally I'd go with the TX4 but its a a bit sticky, so hard to apply using above technique, ac5 is good for this.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ That's why I like cpu coolers with flat based. They make good contact with CPU heat spreader surface even with a small amount of TiM and there's no need for any special TIM spreading method and seems like Hyper N620 is a great cooler around ~2.5k.

*t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSN96msWzB-GphhJ6Z0ysVyYPeuqu9T16-J3dCjhvIIm8Zw0GkknfeP380

BTW, for coolers like Hyper 212+ it's best to apply TiM on the cooper pipes at the bottom of the heatsink

tkin

Back to school!!
^^ That's why I like cpu coolers with flat based. They make good contact with CPU heat spreader surface even with a small amount of TiM and there's no need for any special TIM spreading method and seems like Hyper N620 is a great cooler around ~2.5k.

*t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSN96msWzB-GphhJ6Z0ysVyYPeuqu9T16-J3dCjhvIIm8Zw0GkknfeP380

BTW, for coolers like Hyper 212+ it's best to apply TiM on the cooper pipes at the bottom of the heatsink
First you need to fill up the gaps between the pipes and the base, else the tim goes stuffed there and does not remain between the heatpipe and the cpu, look at my link above.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Yes that article clearly showed how to apply TIM to cooler like Hyper 212+. But I don't get one thing, should I apply TIM on the Processor too or only applying it on Cooler pipes will do?
Anyway, the design of Hyper 212+ sucks :)

nginx

In the zone
Usually you only need to put a pea sized squirt of TIM on the CPU and let the flat base of the cooler spread it by itself but I have also seen some videos where they spread the TIM manually using finger wrapped around plastic. Either way works I guess but haven't tried the latter.

Top Bottom