Outlook Express

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to import the Emails from Outlook Express(.dbx) files since i had to reinstall windows. But whenever I try to import the file it says that the file is in use by another program and it doesnt import any mail. please tell me how do I import the emails.

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
^^Why not u create your personal Folder on outlokk express and save it on CD

after reinstlalation just give path of that folder and its done

troubleshooter said:
I wanted to import the Emails from Outlook Express(.dbx) files since i had to reinstall windows. But whenever I try to import the file it says that the file is in use by another program and it doesnt import any mail. please tell me how do I import the emails.

Hi,

If u r runing outlook express & at the same time if u want to copy .dbx file then it is not possible. If u want 2 copy.dbx file then close outlook express then u will able 2 copy .dbx files.

sivarap

In the zone
thinkdigitreader said:
Hi,

If u r runing outlook express & at the same time if u want to copy .dbx file then it is not possible. If u want 2 copy.dbx file then close outlook express then u will able 2 copy .dbx files.

He says he is not able to import not copy.
Try this....
make a copy of teh file in someother directory. Now try to import this file.
Even then if it dosen't happen, reboot, or use unlocker on teh dbx file.

OP
T

troubleshooter

Broken In
sivarap said:
He says he is not able to import not copy.
Try this....
make a copy of teh file in someother directory. Now try to import this file.
Even then if it dosen't happen, reboot, or use unlocker on teh dbx file.

I tried by copying the files to another directory and then importing my mails. This time it did not give an error message that the files are in use by another program, instead it goes ahead and doesnt copy any mail from the files.

sumeetindia

Journeyman
Try this software -> *www.oehelp.com/DBXtract/Default.aspx

Then extract all the mails form it

Then drag and put them back to your inbox

Hope this help you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom