organic chem woes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys as u know org chem is considered deadly by mny students...itz not boring 4 me though ..i need sum help 4 my studies can i get a list of all reagents , catalysts with their functions/uses ,examples ,conditions ...for +2 level and competitive exams..i know it is way too difficult but if i get it at one place it would rly help me out..i have tried googling and got miserable results..so plz help me out

Sykora

I see right through you.
Googleing almost _never_ produces miserable results in my experience.

Anyway, here are some of my findings : *del.icio.us/sykora/Chemistry

You can search further for chemistry at del.icio.us

OP
Ihatemyself

Ihatemyself

What?
i think u didnt get me..i have textbooks for organic chem...i want a list of all reagents , catalysts with their functions/uses ,examples ,conditions...so that i can have some basic idea of what they can do when practicing..i want a summary(mind map) ...i dont want theory..thanx though

'Googleing almost _never_ produces miserable results in my experience.'-
yes mine too but sometimes u cant get precisely wat u want

Sykora

I see right through you.
Check the link I gave you.

Otherwise, it's best to create that mind map yourself.

Nav11aug

In the zone
dude, forget online content .Go get some good books. As for competitive exams at +2 level, get Solomons & Fryhle or Morrison & Boyd. Both of them are awesome. Though you might start off with M&B and then move on to S&F

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Yeah Morrison and Boyd is the choice to make organic chemistry interesting.

Its a must have book for serious preparation, i never had to cram reactions after reading this book.

A combination of this book and an objective competitive(say Dinesh's) exam book will be a killer.

Then if u want to go further then Finar is next.

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
I always hated,hate and will continue to hate this stupid subject:mad: .Physics and maths are far more real and closer to you in practical life.Can't stay awake for more than 15 mins in any organic chemistry lecture :yawn:.

OP
Ihatemyself

Ihatemyself

What?
my concepts r clear..i dont need no books .Morrison and Boyd..thanx 4 suggestion i have this book..i just wanted what i have told before..precise... yes i have tried creating them myself but all of them will make me reread everythin again......and i hav other subjects too..so just wanted that! if someone has got any such list or mind maps..plz help me out

'A combination of this book and an objective competitive(say Dinesh's) exam book will be a killer.' of time ..i hav only 5 months and want to do as much maths as possible

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Ihatemyself said:
'A combination of this book and an objective competitive(say Dinesh's) exam book will be a killer.' of time ..i hav only 5 months and want to do as much maths as possible
lol

you sholud hav clearly stated that u hav so much less time:)

Ihatemyself said:
my concepts r clear..i dont need no books .Morrison and Boyd..thanx 4 suggestion i have this book..i just wanted what i have told before..precise... yes i have tried creating them myself but all of them will make me reread everythin again......and i hav other subjects too..so just wanted that! if someone has got any such list or mind maps..plz help me out

Then there is something known as Raj Bapna's Memory Maps:D

They are highly priced. You will get lots of memory maps and visual diagarams with some shortcuts to remember.

I wont recommend them if you can't shell out that amount of money. 56 page book is priced something like Rs.500:eek:.

And dont you make notes after reading books ???

Last edited:
OP
Ihatemyself

Ihatemyself

What?
yeah raj bapna's mind maps....nothing beats them in being nonsense...i make notes but relating all of them to find sumthing common will cost me dearly.so no avail..well i am actually facing trouble in dce previous year questions.. iit is easier (snds funny) yesterday i gave a test and was able to get 12 questions in 13 of mixed iit orgn. chem questions.. while merely 8 were correct in 13 for dce..so i need to cram some tricks and what reagents do(in iit there is more of concept i think)...

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Ihatemyself said:
yeah raj bapna's mind maps....nothing beats them in being nonsense...i make notes but relating all of them to find sumthing common will cost me dearly.so no avail..well i am actually facing trouble in dce previous year questions.. iit is easier (snds funny) yesterday i gave a test and was able to get 12 questions in 13 of mixed iit orgn. chem questions.. while merely 8 were correct in 13 for dce..so i need to cram some tricks and what reagents do(in iit there is more of concept i think)...
yeah iit is more about concept, u can nearly go for the exam without crammed up formulaes, even for maths there are very few questions in which u need to use well known formulaes, all comes when try to solve the problems.

Then best thing is to pick up appendices from the the 11th and 12th refreshers , u know they got all the named reactions, conversion, making and all:)

I think DCE is more like KCET. You have to cram up things fo these. :-/

btw you really hav DID (dissociative identitiy disorder) ???

OP
Ihatemyself

Ihatemyself

What?
what 'lol' dont laugh at us ill kill you ...i are not here to entertain..we is going to kill u .i are not schizophrenic .NO..got it?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Ihatemyself said:
what 'lol' dont laugh at us ill kill you ...i are not here to entertain..we is going to kill u .i are not schizophrenic .NO..got it?
you know schizophrenia is not DID exactly.:))

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom