Option to keep 3G(UMTS) as prefereed network and not the HSDPA/HSPA+ ?

dabster

In the zone
Do we have an option in android to select 3G(UMTS) as preferred option to connect. I am aware of 3G preferred setting in android but that always moves to HSDPA network which is high speed network no doubt, but drains battery.

I want to select 3G UMTS network(for which max speed is 384kbps and android will show 3G and not H in notification area). The reason that i am looking for this is I have found UMTS network distortion proof completely - very good voice quality. Tested this when was using a phone which has UMTS 3G but no HSDPA 3G.

Do we have such setting in Android. Seemingly some forum posts describe that setting being there on windows phone.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
AFAIK most Android tablets and phones don‘t have separate options for UMTS or HSDPA/HSPA+

The current phone which I‘m using(Optimis Net P698, Android 2.3.4 has no such option)

Although better voice calls but choosing UMTS when HSPA is available beats having “high speed internet“ in the first place.

OP
D

dabster

In the zone
Although better voice calls but choosing UMTS when HSPA is available beats having “high speed internet“ in the first place.

I still prefer the Voice Quality on phone above anything.
More so if somebody is using phone as primary /high speed internet/ then they can switch to HSPA need basis. But there should be separate setting for this to select UMTS.

Do we know that this option is there in windows mobile ? maybe that will dwindle my options for next phone that i am already searching for.. ;-)

Do we have an option in android to select 3G(UMTS) as preferred option to connect. I am aware of 3G preferred setting in android but that always moves to HSDPA network which is high speed network no doubt, but drains battery.

I want to select 3G UMTS network(for which max speed is 384kbps and android will show 3G and not H in notification area). The reason that i am looking for this is I have found UMTS network distortion proof completely - very good voice quality. Tested this when was using a phone which has UMTS 3G but no HSDPA 3G.

Do we have such setting in Android. Seemingly some forum posts describe that setting being there on windows phone.

It's not on 2.3 and 4.0. Both are owned by my roommates

Top Bottom