Optimus 1 , Galaxy 3 or Quench ?

ninad_mhatre85

Journeyman
Hi all,

i want to buy a android phone with max budget 13K.

I shortlisted 2 phones
Galaxy 3 ( Actually i wanted to buy this 1 ) but then i came to know about LG Optimus 1. I didnt consider LG first.

When i compare the 2 phones i see LG wins the comparison by far
- Better RAM
- Android 2.2 -> 2.3
- QVGA screen
- Natural looking colors in camera
- 7.2 MB HPDA

things that go against it
- 600 MGH procy
- 256 K colors

Well my main use of phone is for talking ... i dont really watch You tube videos so ok with flash is there or not , i dont use FB / twiter from cell. Also i dont edit documents on phone.

I want good alarm clock ( i changed HTC 3g because of alarm clock ) , better calendar , nice file organizer , better service , decent camera & speaker phone

I am really confused b/w both because LG is not that famous in Mobile market also i have heard bad issues like battery drain, s/w issue ( not with Android phone though ) . Help me decide which 1 to buy ?

P.S : I have seen both the phones & both felt good ( Galaxy 3 image quality looked dull compared to LG )

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
buy LG optimus One or Galaxy 551. no place for the aged G3. its too old. don't consider. also Lg's processor + ram + graphics is better than Samsung's. cause the processor used on the G3 as well as G551 is same & 67Mhz higher clocked than LG O1's but the processor is from Samsung's lowend range of processors.

also LG just told Android 2.3 will come to LG O1 but nobody can confirm it. Sony too announced about Froyo for Xperia X10 but was cancelled later. so don't keep waiting for gingerbread. if it comes, good. don't come, just another false promise.

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
if u want a complete VFM android phone .... LG optimus one ... bought it 1 mnth ago ... and loving it ....

iNFiNiTE

The cake is a lie!!!
If you really want to buy an android phone, then O1 has the best VFM

Well my main use of phone is for talking ... i dont really watch You tube videos so ok with flash is there or not , i dont use FB / twiter from cell. Also i dont edit documents on phone.

I want good alarm clock ( i changed HTC 3g because of alarm clock ) , better calendar , nice file organizer , better service , decent camera & speaker phone

I am really confused b/w both because LG is not that famous in Mobile

IMO, If these are your primary requirements then I would say that it would be useless to invest your money in a smartphone. You can go for Nokia C5 or a similar phone for half the price. If you are not the type to experiment/customize on your phone (mods etc.) or use all the features offered by it, it would be just a device to wow your friends and pretty soon the novelty of it will wear off.
Just my 2cents :)

OP
ninad_mhatre85

ninad_mhatre85

Journeyman
@all

looks like O1 is the better 1 , i will go with O1 then. Thanks for your input.

@iNFiNiTE
i use c903 which serves the purpose ( 1.5 yrs old ) so i am planning to take new phone .. and if i am talking new phone i want it to be android OS because of lot of other applications , games and there is Android SDK which i can use to develop my own applications .... i used to be crazy abt phones sometime back now i realized there is no point in buying phone worth 25k ...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
there are 3 kinds of mobile owners mainly:
1. Nokia only.
2. best money can buy you.
3. a good blend of tech & style thats worth the price.

1 & 2 is India's famous. "Nokia only" ppls & the "SGS or Xperia X10" guys (most think HTC is not reliable). but for the rest, theres LG Optimus One. mainly cause it has the least no of flaws (in 10-15k mobiles) in hardware or functioning.

ameyakhasgiwala

Right off the assembly line
I went to some stores inquiring about LG Optimus one and the salesman said that the phone is not a success. The phone has network issues and call quality is bad. Some suggest that it has bad battery or music quality. They also suggested me to go for Galaxy 3 instead of Optimus One.

I have an inclination towards Optimus as it has a better display and Android 2.2

Any Optimus One user in India who is facing such issues.

noobdroid

Broken In
@ameyakhasgiwala : that retailer must be lying. Been O1 user for more than a month now, never faced a problem with call neither music nor with battery..

trust me you wll regret if you go for G3 there are few users you sold their G3 and bought O1

pulsar_swift

Youngling
there are 3 kinds of mobile owners mainly:
1. Nokia only.
2. best money can buy you.
3. a good blend of tech & style thats worth the price.

1 & 2 is India's famous. "Nokia only" ppls & the "SGS or Xperia X10" guys (most think HTC is not reliable). but for the rest, theres LG Optimus One. mainly cause it has the least no of flaws (in 10-15k mobiles) in hardware or functioning.

HTC needs to think a little, desire HD with such a huge screen gets s 1350 mAH battery,what a joke. Infact even the DESIRE Z also gets a 1350mAH. Both suck big time when it comes to battery backup.
I was in category 1 so far. But now i will move to say samsung or motorola.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I went to some stores inquiring about LG Optimus one and the salesman said that the phone is not a success. The phone has network issues and call quality is bad. Some suggest that it has bad battery or music quality. They also suggested me to go for Galaxy 3 instead of Optimus One.

I have an inclination towards Optimus as it has a better display and Android 2.2

Any Optimus One user in India who is facing such issues.
The salesman is just trying to mislead you. Two friends of mine bought this very fone and both of them are loving every bit of it. This fone is a success.

vishurocks

Journeyman
O1's battery backup is better than g3. It also doesn't have any serious hardware issue. The only thing missing is flash 10. That is due to low resolution screen and a weak processor. But it's soc is better than g3. O1 has qualcomm msm7227 soc compared to samsung's low end proprietory chipset. O1's graphic performance is best in class

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I went to some stores inquiring about LG Optimus one and the salesman said that the phone is not a success. The phone has some touchscreen lag network issues and call quality is bad best. Some suggest that it has bad best in its class battery or music quality. They also suggested me not to go for Galaxy 3 instead of Optimus One.

now this looks better :smile:

HTC needs to think a little, desire HD with such a huge screen gets s 1350 mAH battery,what a joke. Infact even the DESIRE Z also gets a 1350mAH. Both suck big time when it comes to battery backup.
I was in category 1 so far. But now i will move to say samsung or motorola.

style statement matters more than battery life. also Desire Z is QWERTY slideout so high rated battery not possible.

Top Bottom