Optical drives not working

stormbreaker

Just know it
Hi guys,
I'm new on this forum....anyway my DVD drive stopped working suddenly..the tray opens but the disks don't spin.BTW it was a new lg gh22ns50.As it wasn't working i bought a new buffalo external dvd drive...but even the new drive does not burn dvds on my computer .it reads dvds but it starts flashing the red light indicating low power even after connecting both usb cables when i start burning..wasted a lot of dvds trying to burn them:-(...only dvds which burn are the sony rewritable disks..burning at 2x....btw the drive works fine and burns all kinds of dvds when connected to other computers...problem exists only when connected to my pc...my guess is a problem with my psu...maybe low power output or something...i'm guessing my lg internal drive too stopped working due to this...any ideas guys?any suggestions?...

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
it reads dvds but it starts flashing the red light indicating low power even after connecting both usb cables when i start burning
you have yourself answered your question.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-sup...89-power-supply-blacklist-thread-newbies.html

Top Bottom