Opinion about 19" LCD Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hailgautam

Youngling
I am planning to buy a 19" LCD monitor for my desktop. The primary use of my desktop is to Extensively to View Movies and Moderately for Gaming. I am looking forward to buying Dell SE198WFP 19 Widescreen Flat Panel LCD Monitor which quotes 14K on their website. This LCD has 5ms Respons Time and 1:1000 contrast ratio, plus it has Analog, DVI-D (digital) with HDCP port.

What do you say guys is it a good buy?

joelf15

Journeyman
hailgautam said:
I am planning to buy a 19" LCD monitor for my desktop. The primary use of my desktop is to Extensively to View Movies and Moderately for Gaming. I am looking forward to buying Dell SE198WFP 19 Widescreen Flat Panel LCD Monitor which quotes 14K on their website. This LCD has 5ms Respons Time and 1:1000 contrast ratio, plus it has Analog, DVI-D (digital) with HDCP port.

What do you say guys is it a good buy?

definitely worth the price..the hdcp thing rocks in it...provided ur gfx card supports hd!..but its value for money!!! Cheers!

janitha

Wise Old Owl
What I have to suggest is whatever you buy, don't buy Viewsonic. For reason, see,
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59736

joelf15

Journeyman
can u bargain with dell??? i wanted to get the 22" its listed on the site for 19k! some one in banglore is selling units for 16.5k..Some1 temme how 2 bargain wid dell.

OP
hailgautam

hailgautam

Youngling
joelf15 said:
can u bargain with dell??? i wanted to get the 22" its listed on the site for 19k! some one in banglore is selling units for 16.5k..Some1 temme how 2 bargain wid dell.

well i cant' teach you how to bargaib but yes you can indeed ask for some discount and they do give it. in my case as you see the discount is not much but yes they did agree to give it to me. I have to postpone my purchase to next month though.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
hailgautam said:
well i cant' teach you how to bargaib but yes you can indeed ask for some discount and they do give it. in my case as you see the discount is not much but yes they did agree to give it to me. I have to postpone my purchase to next month though.

After one month you can expect a price reduction of at least Rs.1000/-!

xtremedia

Broken In
i am also looking for 19" widescreen LCD.
how does the Dell SE198WFP(@ Rs 12.5k) compare with Viewsonic VA1912wb(@ Rs 10.5k)
both have DVI inputs.
is the 2k extra for the dell one justified?does it have any performance gains over viewsonic one?

joelf15

Journeyman
xtremedia said:
i am also looking for 19" widescreen LCD.
how does the Dell SE198WFP(@ Rs 12.5k) compare with Viewsonic VA1912wb(@ Rs 10.5k)
both have DVI inputs.
is the 2k extra for the dell one justified?does it have any performance gains over viewsonic one?

U bet man totally!!! for the quality n the hdcpi n the contrast ration its worth the extra 2k man!!

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
@Gautam.....hey dude...gannu_rox got his dell se198wfp at 12.5k inclusive of shippin+taxes+5 yr warranty. u can get in touch with him regarding this. hope ya get urs soon! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom