Opera consuming 99% of CPU while displaying flash content pages!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Opera unusually consumes 99% of CPU while displaying heavy content Flash pages. Opera is vulnerable to flash sites. A bug, which I hope Opera will shut-off ASAP, being a good browser.

For example checkout this link: *www.megaupload.com/
This page is flash based. Move the mouse over and check the Opera.exe cpu consumption in Taskmanager. It will be shooting as high as 80-99% mark.

Here is a pic...

*i142.photobucket.com/albums/r116/kiran_rkk/Miscellaneous/OperaSmall.jpg

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Not even that. After using opera for a hour or so it becomes very slow and sluggish.
Ram usage go as high as 90 MB.

Maybe we should switch to FF.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
then ..should report it..have u reported it kiran?

Quiz_Master said:
Not even that. After using opera for a hour or so it becomes very slow and sluggish.
Ram usage go as high as 90 MB.

Maybe we should switch to FF.

i use opera for 4-5 hours..it never becomes sluggidh....ff definetly becomes sluggish

the 99% cpu usage is for a second only...so it really doesnt matter

Last edited:

forever

filth is me
moreover when i exit opera, it just takes all the cpu and takes about 20 seconds to close, opera is playing bad these days :(

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
ssk429 said:
then ..should report it..have u reported it kiran?
i use opera for 4-5 hours..it never becomes sluggidh....ff definetly becomes sluggish
the 99% cpu usage is for a second only...so it really doesnt matter

It's not only for a second. The resource consumption will be in that range till you just move the mouse over the webpage. Background music play becomes cracky. This is indeed a thing to bother. I have reported this bug to Opera. Let's hope Opera gets better.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
forever said:
moreover when i exit opera, it just takes all the cpu and takes about 20 seconds to close, opera is playing bad these days :(
then your Opera needs some cleaning :D (cache clearing)

forever

filth is me
^^ not really no, ive tried that but still the best it does is decreasing the hung time, i think the 9.10 vs is by far the most unstable as ive experinced :/

GeeNeeYes

powerd ↻ pramod
it is normal behaviour... and the problem lies with the stupid design of the website...
having no problems whatsoever with Opera 9.20

and though CPU usage goes upto 80%, BUT NO SYSTEM INSTABILITY OR HANGUPS!!

The system remained responsive though I was playing a hi-definition video and burning a CD while running lots of apps!

Opera is just utilizing the CPU and NOT hogging the memory or CPU as you might think... (whats the use of CPU cycles remaining idle...)

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
It's not the stupid design of website. There is no big deal in making a flash website. Same page opened in IE7 utilized less than 30% of CPU. Never tried FireFox.

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
sakumar79 said:
I have not got the problem in my computer... Perhaps this is an isolated event occuring for a few?

Arun

Yes. Anyways, I have reported it to Opera. Let me wait & see the response.

GeeNeeYes

powerd ↻ pramod
Indyan said:
I couldnt repeat it.
But, if I moved around my mouse rapidly along the flash toolbar cpu usage jumped to above 60%. But it came down instantly after I stopped doing that. I think this is quite natural.
hemant_mathur said:
Same here. memory usage goes to 60% but came down once i closed that site. I am using opera 9.20 built 8771

neither could I :rolleyes:
Opera is just plain utilizing the system resources
and frees them instantly when the site is closed.
obviously not a bug! because system remains fully responsive.

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Indyan said:
You have reported using their bugtracker?
Dont expect an response. Their bugtracker sucks. You can not track the status of the bug submitted by you.
Even if they work on it, chances are they wont contact you back.

How would you say that? Did you experience such problems with them? Did you ever report any bugs to them?

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
nikhilrao said:
Dump opera --- Switch to Internet Explorer :D

One need not dump a good browser like Opera for just one issue dude. I use both IE7 and Opera. Pretty happy with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.