Opera 10 Peregrine Alpha out

Status
Not open for further replies.

anispace

dattebayo
yippe.. incremental auto updates, spell check. Cant wait for its final release.

Its gonna kick the fox`s ass now:)

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
Opera has taken the fight to its rivals with the alpha of Opera 10, the first browser to fully comply with the Acid3 test, according to the Norweigan company.
Opera claims the latest version of its desktop browser scores 100 out of 100 on the Acid3 test, which was created to assess whether browsers comply with a range of web standards around features such as rendering and Javascript.

In comparison Chrome 0.4 manages 79 out of 100, trailed by Firefox 3.0.4 with 71 and Internet Explorer 7, which hits a meagre 14, though IE8 is expected to improve things significantly when it launches.
Source...
Slashdot

Gr8... 100 out of 100 in Acid3 test. :)
Wanna try it now.

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!
Spell check has finally been included.. Couldn't download because of problems with net connection..

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Nice, 100/100 is a super improvement. Though I still have my gripes with the interface and power user things, it is nonetheless a very right path to Opera and serves as a nifty backup browser.

parthbarot

In the zone
i am just checking it...previously i was opera user...when it was not free ;). I am using firefox since much time...but i think..this release of opera will rock... amazing speed...memory print is also limited...and UI is also good...

i think..now FF gonna have proper competition.... :D

regards.

anispace

dattebayo
Yeah I agree with you.
Ever heard of something called Minefield? If so, please check its latest trunk 3.2a1pre. You are surely going to change your mind on what's fast. :D

nope never heard of it and frankly i dont care much for firefox. Opera has always been faster for me and has all the features i need. I am not saying that FF sux its just that I prefer Opera:D and always will;)

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Yeah I agree with you.
Ever heard of something called Minefield? If so, please check its latest trunk 3.2a1pre. You are surely going to change your mind on what's fast. :D
Yep, it does an 92/100 on the current nighty build, posting from the same and is also damn fast.

*www.imgx.org/pfiles/12883/prealpha1_minefielda.jpg

It should be an interesting fight when all browsers hit release.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
like T159 said, I hav the power of both. I use both FF and Opera. So happy to hear Opera achieved 100/100 in Acid3 tests. But still I use FF more, b'coz am a guy who can't live with all those FF plugins and extensions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom