open SUSE problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Hey All
Just shifted to open Suse :p way lighter than Ubuntu but the problem am facing ..

1. Hard Drive partition are not mounted except the file system :p:mad: Also Opening File System Open System Moniter :(
  2. Cannot change resolution 1280 x 1024 after doing that my moniter goes out of frequency :eek: Not the case with any other distros :confused:
  3. How to install codec :shock:
Regards rest later won't explore Suse much just for my sister daily work and to listen a bit music :cool:

Regardss

praka123

left this forum longback
opensuse wiki may help.also for s/w updates :( u have to use yum update manager and have to add repo for 3rd party plugins :( and obvsly it is a rpm distro :( good thing is yast-but it will eat time for all those configs.
it is really hard to shift from a debian based distro to rpm or tgz.

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
^^ya it is that's why I am a bit sad :( btw any idea abt.. Partitions and resolution ;)

What Say abt. Mandriva or Fedora ::?

Last edited:

Kenshin

meowww meoww
for auto mounting partitions in suse.....u shud hv used base partition setup during install...it auto mounts all partitions..

drsethi

Journeyman
You can easily mount partitions through yast.
Download codecs from
*packman.links2linux.de/package/046

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
kalpik said:
rpm -ivh <filename>.rpm

Code:
error: can't create transaction lock on /var/lib/rpm/__db.000

Put the file in /home/shashwat and done what you said and got the error :p

@ praka123 No there is no such privilege in open Suse that's why d/l Fedora 8Beta 2 :p

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
^^ have to do it with root privileges.. so do a "su" and enter your root password before typing that command.

praka123

left this forum longback
stick with a distro dear shashwath :D ,it helps learning.if u really want,why dont try live cd's.

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
I know that bro.. :) but just wanna try it for time pass :p btw downloading Ubuntu DVD ISO ..with Fedora 8 Beta 2 :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom